General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User kingbiscit
(regular) Wed 19-Nov-14 14:10:18
Print Post

Losing the will to live :(

[link to this post]

As I have mentioned previously, I live far from Warrington exchange and get poor ADSL speeds.

I switched to ZEN around 2 months ago and noticed when the phone rang my ADSL dropped. This still happens when no phone is connected. If I ping bbc.co.uk then ring my landline I can see the ping suddenly drop as the phone starts ringing, if you hang up quickly it can recover, but if you carry on ringing the ADSL disconnects.

I am now on engineer visit number 6, each spending pretty much the whole day trying things. It always starts with its my upload speed being to high and lowering it will fix it, but this doesnt work.

They have twice fully disconnected my line and I have had to wait 72 hours each time for it to be reconnected. I work from home so having no internet is a nightmare.

I am now looking at an engineer visit number 7, is this acceptable? Surely this can be fixed?
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 19-Nov-14 14:35:20
Print Post

Re: Losing the will to live :(

[re: kingbiscit] [link to this post]

Some things can be difficult to find especially in a large complex network. It isn't particularly acceptable but the risk is that BT may decide to cut their losses and write the line off as unsupportable for ADSL and disconnect you completely.

It may be that someone like AAISP might be able to get it sorted but Zen are generally very good and sound like they are doing all they can so even a switch to AAISP may make no difference to a fix.
Standard User kingbiscit
(regular) Wed 19-Nov-14 14:40:10
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

To be honest, ZEN have been great and been on BTs case to get it sorted.

Just very frustrating that if BT cut you off you then have to wait 72 hours for them to correct there mistake.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 19-Nov-14 15:34:28
Print Post

Was it OK before the switch to Zen, and if so who were you with?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.4/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
Standard User kingbiscit
(regular) Wed 19-Nov-14 17:38:57
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I was with SKY and I think it was.

Previously I was using ADSL only as a backup for my Wireless internet, but that service went so poor I switched back to using ADSL.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 19-Nov-14 17:43:05
Print Post

On UKOnline LLU? If so, you will have been connected to a BT Wholesale line card at the exchange when you migrated. I suggest that's where the problem lies. The cabling or card port.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.4/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
Standard User kingbiscit
(regular) Wed 19-Nov-14 17:46:10
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yep LLU.

Zen have pointed this out a few times to BT now and they are supposed to have changed the card.

I spoke to ZEN before and they have escalated it again, really frustrating.
Standard User george1976
(newbie) Wed 19-Nov-14 20:33:20
Print Post

This may sound a bit silly, but have they changed the socket and the filters?
Standard User kingbiscit
(regular) Wed 19-Nov-14 20:35:37
Print Post

[re: george1976] [link to this post]

Yep.

It doesn't actually happen with any phone connected, and also happens at the cab for my line.
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 19-Nov-14 22:07:54
Print Post

I know its not a proper solution, but if LLU is fine, might be worth moving back to it if you arent locked into a contract. Lots of good resellers out there that use TTB LLU and also LLU offers more flexibility with line options
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to