General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User RoosterUK
(experienced) Sun 30-Nov-14 13:09:21
Print Post

Plusnet outage Sun 30 nov

[link to this post]

Anyone any idea what's happened to plusnet?
Last time I could get to their usage graphs approx half their customers were disconnected.

I haven't been able to get a connection since earlier this morning and the phone support just disconnects after a brief message.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 30-Nov-14 13:25:55
Print Post

Re: Plusnet outage Sun 30 nov

[re: RoosterUK] [link to this post]

Today's status email.
Service: Broadband
Posted: Sun, Nov 30 2014 at 10:38:02
Subject: Broadband Connectivity (83816) - NEW

Earlier this morning we became aware of a problem resulting in some of our customers not being able to establish a connection to the Internet.

Our network engineers are currently investigating this.

If you are struggling to connect to the Internet then please try powering off your router for 1 hour before powering it back up and attempting to re-establish a connection to the Internet. If you continue to have trouble connecting try the following link which you can access from your mobile phone - http://www.plus.net/reconnect

We'll provide another update later this afternoon.
Fortunately my connection is fine.

Edit - looking at the loading graphs they seem to be getting back to normal, and on the ping graphs all but one of the 10am connection losses have reconnected.

Edit 2 - since the first edit I've received the update.
Service: Broadband
Posted: Sun, Nov 30 2014 at 13:22:37
Subject: Broadband Connectivity (83816) - Resolved

This is in an update to our previous post regarding the recent connectivity problem.

Our engineers have resolved the problem and customers should now be able to re-establish a connection.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.4/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.

Edited by RobertoS (Sun 30-Nov-14 13:32:49)

Standard User RoosterUK
(experienced) Sun 30-Nov-14 15:09:25
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks for the info.

Managed to get connected again now.

I had checked the status page earlier but it had no updates at the time despite the graphs showing a major issue.

Poor mobile signal here so a bit difficult checking the site, and searching round other sites, with the mobie so glad someone posted them up.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User bgriffiths
(committed) Sun 30-Nov-14 20:58:03
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Today's status email.
... If you continue to have trouble connecting try the following link which you can access from your mobile phone - http://www.plus.net/reconnect .

heh - I have a VF Suresignal box AND a Three Signalbox; otherwise for a 3g signal it's a trip up to the loft, or the roundabout at the top of the village.
Standard User rockdoctor
(learned) Sun 30-Nov-14 21:16:43
Print Post

[re: bgriffiths] [link to this post]

I was hit by it this morning. Also had a mystery outage a couple of days earlier that was very similar. That one fixed itself while I was chatting to the PN service guy (I teased him that he should claim it was something he did at his end).
I wasted a fair while resetting and rebooting before I thought to check if it was a general problem.

In the end, when PN had fixed it, it took about 5 mins of furious router activity to restore itself to normality.

Standard User Michael_Chare
(experienced) Sun 30-Nov-14 22:58:59
Print Post

[re: RoosterUK] [link to this post]

I saw the outage clearly notated on the status page during the outage.

The Connectivity Check of my Technicolor 582n router showed the problem to lie somewhere in the Plusnet network, so I thought that most likely they would be aware of the problem.

Michael Chare
  Print Thread

Jump to