General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User tehidyman
(regular) Fri 16-Jan-15 09:27:08
Print Post

RouterStats and Home Hub5

[link to this post]

Over the past few months Routerstats has worked faultlessly, with the necessary statistics on margins and speeds via a page in the Homehub5 (fibre). Overnight I see that BT have updated my HH5 software and now I cannot find any way of getting the required information. The Routerstats forum times out when I tried to access. Any help appreciated.
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Fri 16-Jan-15 09:35:18
Print Post

Re: RouterStats and Home Hub5

[re: tehidyman] [link to this post]

Have not used RouterStats for a while however, thinking back about it, RS uses the page URL, has that changed in the new firmware version?

The main page: http://www.vwlowen.co.uk/RouterStatsHub/routerstatsh... does have a ContaactMe link so you could email directly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User tehidyman
(regular) Fri 16-Jan-15 09:42:34
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

Thanks for that. I have reset the URL in RS with no change , Will try to contact.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 16-Jan-15 15:19:49
Print Post

[re: tehidyman] [link to this post]

From memory isn't it a screen scraper and you have to show it (forget exactly how) where to pick up the numbers. There must be some docs you can checkout.
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Fri 16-Jan-15 15:30:33
Print Post

[re: kwikbreaks] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kwikbreaks:
From memory isn't it a screen scraper and you have to show it (forget exactly how) where to pick up the numbers. There must be some docs you can checkout.

That is certainly the case for the User Defined version however the modem/hub specific has that already done. It may be the case that the page layout has changed and a new set of reference points are needed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 16-Jan-15 16:49:59
Print Post

Probably explains why the OP is confused. I think when I used it many years back it only directly supported one specific Netgear router and I had to set it up manually. If all they had to do was select their router they wouldn't have a clue how it was getting the information.

Edited by kwikbreaks (Fri 16-Jan-15 16:50:44)

Standard User tehidyman
(regular) Fri 16-Jan-15 17:40:18
Print Post

[re: kwikbreaks] [link to this post]

Discovered that I needed to unlock the URL on a different RS page to change it. This has now got me to the appropriate section but not the desired page. Attempts to put in details of the correct page have not been successful.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 16-Jan-15 17:41:38
Print Post

does have a ContaactMe link

Is the sites owner Dutch ? grin

Print Thread

Jump to