General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mwpmorris
(newbie) Fri 16-Jan-15 18:16:03
Print Post

Problems transferring from Talk Talk to Zen

[link to this post]

Hi all,

I'm in the process of trying to transfer my broadband and telephone line (calls and line rental) from Talk Talk to Zen. We are out of contract with Talk Talk, and Zen didn't seem to think that the transfer would be a problem.

Zen have been in touch with me over the past week saying that they can't put through the order as there is an existing "cease" instruction placed on the line. I have not issued this instruction, and I'm guessing that it is part of the transfer process initiated by Zen.

Zen instructed me to cancel the cease instruction with Talk Talk, at which point they could attempt the order again. All looked to be going ok until we had exactly the same problem again, with the order failing with the following message: "BT NUMBER HAS WRONG STATUS EOH299 FAILURE WITHIN SUB-ROUTINE ER550DCS. SR22".

We are planning on trying this a third time next week, but if that fails then there seems to be no other way other than installing a new line, which seems ridiculous.

Can anyone shed any light on this and offer some help? Thanks.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 16-Jan-15 18:22:08
Print Post

Re: Problems transferring from Talk Talk to Zen

[re: mwpmorris] [link to this post]

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/guide/migration.html#s...

Sim provide is the current favoured process, and in this case it sounds like you may have contacted TalkTalk to say you want to leave and this has triggered a cease from TalkTalk, which would hold back the ability for Zen to play the appropriate orders.

Coming off of full LLU generally best to let the notification system that the move of phone line will result in as being the point at which old provider finds out, since it is clear you are migrating then.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mwpmorris
(newbie) Fri 16-Jan-15 18:25:45
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply Andrew,

I didn't contact Talk Talk to let them know that I was leaving, I only ever contacted them to cancel the cease request, as per Zen's instructions.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mwpmorris
(newbie) Fri 16-Jan-15 18:39:26
Print Post

I've just read the sim provide info that was linked to - very interesting. If I'm reading it correctly then it seems that I should have been given instructions to go to Talk Talk and provide them with a LORN number. I've just read through an old email from Zen and there is no LORN number, although there is a sim provide code. Should I have gone to Talk Talk with this number?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 16-Jan-15 18:50:00
Print Post

No if phone and broadband bith with zen they can link them without you seeing

If you have not contacted talktalk why would they have placed a cease? Had any sorry you are leaving letters from TalkTalk?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mwpmorris
(newbie) Fri 16-Jan-15 18:55:00
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I have no idea why Talk Talk are placing a cease on the account, I'm guessing it's all part of the transfer process but it's certainly not from me. We have had no "sorry you're leaving" contact from them at all, very strange.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 16-Jan-15 20:38:04
Print Post

Are you by any chance on a Zen-enabled exchange, (looks like LLU to me but apparently it isn't), or will this be BT Wholesale-based broadband?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 57.1/14.8Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
Standard User mwpmorris
(newbie) Fri 16-Jan-15 21:07:35
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Are you by any chance on a Zen-enabled exchange, (looks like LLU to me but apparently it isn't), or will this be BT Wholesale-based broadband?

I'm sorry, but I've got no idea. The guy that I spoke to at Zen said that they have their equipment at my exchange (Darwen, Lancashire).
Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 16-Jan-15 21:49:48
Print Post

I believe Zen are now using SMPF to provide ADSL2+ on exchanges where they have presence (WLR3 for voice, with the Zen MSAN providing ADSL2+).

My understanding is that the Zen MSANs could support voice, but Zen are not currently providing voice service from their own equipment. Certainly both my Zen lines (one with FTTC, one voice only) on an exchange with Zen presence still work on the BT Wholesale DSL checker, indicating the voice service is WLR3. The FTTC moved from BT Wholesale WBMC to Zen backhaul several months ago.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 16-Jan-15 22:25:14
Print Post

Looks like samknows doesn't know, again. The site has become quite unreliable.

If they do have their equipment there, (it should be in the LLU column), then it would in effect be partial LLU, as David_W in effect says. That could be what is complicating the move from TalkTalk, as the phone has to move to a non-LLU service and the broadband to LLU. It's a long time since I heard of that sort of mixed migration.

Incidentally, re the earlier mention of SIM(ultaneous) provides and LORNs (Linked Order Numbers), the LORN is requested from Openreach by the gaining company, Zen in this case, when ordering the move of one of the items of phone/broadband, and submitted back to Openreach with the other order. Thus linking them in the Openreach scheduling system to make them happen in the right order on the same day - hopefully at the same time. Nothing whatsoever to do with you or TalkTalk.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 57.1/14.8Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
  Print Thread

Jump to