General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User NUTTER44444
(committed) Wed 21-Jan-15 10:44:02
Print Post

Broadband availability question (BT and talktalk)

[link to this post]

Feel free to move if needed. Just need something answered (curious) Yesterday I switched my line from BT to talktalk (phone and fibre) Now up to before my services we're stopped yesterday from BT I could check broadband availability on their checker niow it appears i've vanished from the earth

There is no data available for this number. This could be either because it is not a BT line or it is a new BT number that has just been provided. Most new numbers will appear on the checker 24 hours after BT has installed the line

Is that because talktalk is different or.............? Sorry for the probably doofus question just curious that's all
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 21-Jan-15 11:05:51
Print Post

Re: Broadband availability question (BT and talktalk)

[re: NUTTER44444] [link to this post]

Correct, TalkTalk do not provide the information to BT Wholesale so they cannot do the telephone number lookup. You can use your full address still.

TalkTalk is a physical openreach line, but the number belongs to TalkTalk and is running across TalkTalk hardware at the exchange.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 21-Jan-15 12:12:38
Print Post

Is it the same number as you had before? If so, at least that helps if you ever want to move away from TalkTalk. If it is a new number it may not be possible to keep it when doing that and another new one would be needed.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 57.2/15.0Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User NUTTER44444
(committed) Wed 21-Jan-15 12:17:09
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

It's the same number (talktalk didn't change it) With everything that happened with BT over the last few months it would take a lot for me to switch back (OK I realise everything might not be so rosy at times with TT) but i'm encouraged by the good start so far
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 22-Jan-15 00:34:57
Print Post

In reply to a post by NUTTER44444:
With everything that happened with BT over the last few months it would take a lot for me to switch back
You may not want to ever switch back to BT Retail, but you might want to move to a BT Wholesale based ISP for which the same ease of transfer of number applies.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
  Print Thread

Jump to