General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User OCdragon
(experienced) Sun 01-Feb-15 12:34:26
Print Post

Any Plusnet FTTC 'cheaper' deals???

[link to this post]

I have been on Plusnet FTTC broadband unlimited ONLY (i.e. phone still with BT and I wanted to keep it this way) for just over 18 months and paying 19.99 UKPs/month for it! I'm getting roughly 51Mbps download and 13Mbps upload and I'm happy with it regarding its reliability. etc However, is there any scopes of getting a "cheaper deals" for it with Plusnet Broadband only such as re-signing up for another Contract/s etc????

Thanks

Intel E4300 OC with 2GB RAMs,Speedtouch 585 Modem/Router and Windows 7 Pro !
Current ISP: Plusnet FTTC
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sun 01-Feb-15 12:44:20
Print Post

Re: Any Plusnet FTTC 'cheaper' deals???

[re: OCdragon] [link to this post]

You'll only know for sure by phoning PN and asking to speak to the "customer options team", for sure you will be offered a discount for moving the line rental over to them but you might get a discount for say taking out a longer contract than usual or even just staying with them for another 18 months instead of moving to another ISP, suggest you are considering a move because of the cost involved with staying with PN.

plusnet user
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sun 01-Feb-15 15:23:34
Print Post

[re: OCdragon] [link to this post]

not bein funny here,so please don't take ofence Plusnet are cheap at £19.99 per month when you take into account what BT openreach charge isp's each month for FTTC rental assuming that plusnet aren't able to get a discount by buying in bulk
They are actually providing FTTC at a loss thats before they purchase bandwidth ect ,

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 01-Feb-15 16:29:41
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

?
Plusnet at £19.99 including Vat is £16.66 net + £3.33 Vat. The Openreach monthly charge to them for the 80/20 product is £9.95. Gross profit £6.71pm.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 57.2/15.3Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sun 01-Feb-15 17:40:32
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Well it was a dam sight more in the bt document that i read around iirc was around £260 per annum Just checked again and it's showing as £119.40 per anum as at 10/04/2012 so as you say £9.95 per month can't find the document which said it was more ,
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 01-Feb-15 17:47:35
Print Post

Factor in the wbc costs too smile

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User TheEulerID
(member) Sun 01-Feb-15 17:50:29
Print Post

Even if you add VAT and WLR line rental to GEA-FTTC, it doesn't come to £260 per year. Of course, Plusnet have to cover all their other costs including backhaul, peering and so on within that £6.67. It's not exactly a huge margin.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sun 01-Feb-15 19:29:47
Print Post

[re: TheEulerID] [link to this post]

So still could be running at a loss on the FTTC products but they are relying on making profits from ,wlr and calls and TV packages

which could account for the way they advertise promote bb & phone deals over bb only, But by giving away 6mths free or half priced bb, and significant cashbacks will eat away at their profit margins, something has to be cut in order for them to be in buisness
Could be some milage why the peak time issues reported by some customers haven't been sorted out yet ??? and as to why they have peak time issues in the first place, they do unfortunately appear to be more focused on the quantity rather than quality

Edited by tommy45 (Sun 01-Feb-15 20:18:18)

Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Sun 01-Feb-15 20:18:36
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
?
Plusnet at £19.99 including Vat is £16.66 net + £3.33 Vat. The Openreach monthly charge to them for the 80/20 product is £9.95. Gross profit £6.71pm.

Plusnet don't buy from Openreach - check the BT Wholesale WBC price list.

Standard EU Rental (FTTC 80Mbps Downstream, 20Mbps Upstream) N/A 11/04/2012 Month £16.00
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sun 01-Feb-15 21:10:02
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:
In reply to a post by RobertoS:
?

Plusnet don't buy from Openreach - check the BT Wholesale WBC price list.

Standard EU Rental (FTTC 80Mbps Downstream, 20Mbps Upstream) N/A 11/04/2012 Month £16.00

Also worth noting for
CP Migration (BTW CP - BTW CP FTTC to FTTC) &CP Migration (Openreach CP - BTW CP FTTC to FTTC) 1 month contract term FEE £11.00 So far not one (to my knowlage) ISP has started to pass this saving on to the End users to those migrations that qualify,*( EU has had previously has a FTTC service for 12mths or over) which was delayed back in July last year but has been live since november 2014
*ISP's aren not under any obligation to pass these savings on to end users , so a tad pointless ofcom asking BT OR to do this

Edited by tommy45 (Sun 01-Feb-15 21:19:02)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to