General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Sloth3636
(newbie) Thu 05-Feb-15 22:55:21
Print Post

Basic question TBB Http ?

[link to this post]

Trying to collect and understand info on my slow 10mbps Zen FTTC broadband. Should be 50-60mbps and has been upto this till yesterday evening.

Q: How do I interpret the Think BB speed test results ? ie what do the two results TBB and Http mean ?

Thanks.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 05-Feb-15 23:20:54
Print Post

Re: Basic question TBB Http ?

[re: Sloth3636] [link to this post]

If you have registered on the Main Site where you run the tests, your speed test results get saved and you can provide us with links to them. Like this.

It would be much easier to diagnose what problems you may have from those and you learn by experience, rather than any of us attempt to describe the various meanings of different results hypothetically like in a classroom.

The two different results are partly explained below the Start screen of the speed test. This paragraph
The speedtester connects to TCP port 8095 using a custom protocol and also uses HTTP protocol over TCP port 80. Please ensure these ports are not blocked by firewalls.
The first one uses a single stream on that special port with a special protocol. The second uses six simultaneous streams using HTTP on the normal Port 80.

My graph above is almost perfect. Seeing your graph(s) we may be able to give some idea of where the problem lies.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 57.2/15.3Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
Standard User Sloth3636
(newbie) Fri 06-Feb-15 08:41:49
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Hi,

Attached is the worst speed test result Thurs 5th Feb 17:45 and BBQM including this time.

My Broadband Ping"]

not sure if these links work.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Fri 06-Feb-15 08:49:55
Print Post

[re: Sloth3636] [link to this post]

These are your links ...

Speedtest

My Broadband Ping

Click on QUOTE and it will show how my reply is constructed. That is how yours should have looked

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
  Print Thread

Jump to