General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Malwaremike
(committed) Mon 09-Mar-15 16:53:22
Print Post

Amazon up to its tricks again

[link to this post]

Latest wheeze from Amazon, the company that opts out of paying taxes on £millions of UK profit yet disregards the optouts of its customers:
You're one of the very first people to use this new Q&A feature. We're trying to help customers get trusted answers from other customers when they have questions about products. As someone who owns Kaspersky antivirus, can you help this fellow customer?

This presumably because I bought KAV from them last year. One would have thought Amazon had enough bad publicity about its Prime auto-renewal trick this month without spamming customers who had chosen to refuse 'marketing material'.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 09-Mar-15 17:39:25
Print Post

Re: Amazon up to its tricks again

[re: Malwaremike] [link to this post]

I do find the Q&A section of the Amazon product pages quite helpful sometimes though. Sometimes the product description will be missing some subtle information and a helpful customer will oblige with the answer.

Oliver.
Standard User rogerfp
(regular) Mon 09-Mar-15 17:48:36
Print Post

It's not "Marketing Material", but requesting someone who has purchased a product to help someone else who wants to know something about that product. Not that much different to helping someone on this website is it?
Hardly worth raising as a issue.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Malwaremike
(committed) Mon 09-Mar-15 18:00:00
Print Post

[re: rogerfp] [link to this post]

Except that the 'helpful' mail includes a checkbox to refuse further marketing from Amazon. And why deal with Amazon when Kaspersky has an excellent forum?

Edited by Malwaremike (Mon 09-Mar-15 18:01:39)

Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Mon 09-Mar-15 18:01:07
Print Post

In reply to a post by Malwaremike:
Latest wheeze from Amazon, the company that opts out of paying taxes on £millions of UK profit yet disregards the optouts of its customers:

Amazon UK is a business, not a charity. As long as they evade tax legally, they're not doing anything wrong.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
TalkTalk Business Fibre 79987/19999 kbps
Powered by Asus RT-AC87R
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Standard User philippercival
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 09-Mar-15 18:19:04
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
Amazon UK is a business, not a charity. As long as they evade tax legally, they're not doing anything wrong.
Evading tax is illegal avoiding it is not. In this case the words used are very important.

http://speedtest.net/result/2459383290.png

Solar Results
2013 3521kwh,   2014 3435kwh, 2015  400kw (so far)
My Broadband Ping
Standard User AdrianPH
(newbie) Mon 09-Mar-15 18:28:22
Print Post

Why are you complaining here about Amazon, they have an excellent forum .......

Customers/prospective buyers ask questions about products they are intersted in at Amazon , so Amazon ask verified purchasers if they can answer those questions.

Nothing difficult, nothing sinister ........
Standard User rogerfp
(regular) Mon 09-Mar-15 18:36:40
Print Post

In the emails I've received from Amazon asking to reply to a question someone has asked about a product I've bought I've never, ever had a check box to refuse marketing from Amazon. Anyway whether there is a forum on Kaspersky, is irrelevant as most people are too dumb to use it.
As I said this is a non subject for this forum unless you are paranoid or a Daily Mail reader. Perhaps you should post it on the Mail website. And that's the same site who brought up the ridiculous article about the so called Amazon Prime scam. The only scam is that the thick and stupid are allowed to use Amazon and can't read and understand basic English.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 09-Mar-15 18:41:28
Print Post

[re: rogerfp] [link to this post]

Every time I order something I get a selection box with an Amazon Prime trial ticked by default. There's no way to say to Amazon "no, don't want Prime, stop asking me". It's actually quite annoying, so the Amazon Prime moan has more merit, in my opinion.

Oliver.
Standard User rogerfp
(regular) Mon 09-Mar-15 18:47:06
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Moaning about Amazon is still not a subject for thinkbroadband. Bring it up on the Amazon web site or the home of the paranoid, the Mail website, but not here. I'm sure the Mail would love another reason to bash Amazon.

Edited by rogerfp (Mon 09-Mar-15 18:48:22)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to