General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User OCdragon
(experienced) Fri 20-Mar-15 17:47:42
Print Post

Is EE for Fibre BB and Landline any good???

[link to this post]

I have my mobile monthly contract with T-Mobile/EE for just more than 2 years now and I'm still happy with it. My other Landline phone is with BT and Fibre unlimited BB with PlusNet with a combined cost of about (approx. 25+19.99 UKPs) 45 UKPs monthly, which I'm also happy with for the time being.
I have received a sale-call this morning from EE, saying that they could offer me a better deal for a combined EE's Landline and Fibre BB of around saving 9 UKps per month while keeping my existing Landline phone number unchanged. However, I must admitted that I forgot to ask EE what are the Speed and is it unlimited for their Fibre BB though!
I am more concerns with EE's Fibre BB QoS and reliability, and Customer Services etc. Also does take-over EE by BT would help or worsen it at all???
Could current EE's, or used to be EE's, customers provide their useful comments please??
Many thanks

Intel E4300 OC with 2GB RAMs,Speedtouch 585 Modem/Router and Windows 7 Pro !
Current ISP: Plusnet FTTC
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 20-Mar-15 18:15:20
Print Post

Re: Is EE for Fibre BB and Landline any good???

[re: OCdragon] [link to this post]

The prices look higher than Plusnets', after the first six months. (Click View broadband packages, scroll down and click Want to go even faster?).

It looks odd that the top package is cheaper for those six months than the weekend package.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.4 (interleaved)/15.6Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 20-Mar-15 22:28:48
Print Post

In reply to a post by OCdragon:
number unchanged. However, I must admitted that I forgot to ask EE what are the Speed and is it unlimited for their Fibre BB though!

According to EE's website, all of the packages are unlimited. You can get a speed estimate from the BT Wholesale checker (use full address if telephone number doesn't work).

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync approx 66000/20000 at 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 20-Mar-15 23:46:36
Print Post

Is that for 38 or 76 Meg Fibre?

EE CS is atrocious.

EE has a habit of losing landline nos in a migration.

If & when BT takes over EE, no one can say now what diff it will make.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Edited by XRaySpeX (Fri 20-Mar-15 23:48:46)

Standard User OCdragon
(experienced) Sat 21-Mar-15 09:09:13
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

So according to your experience, or some one experiences that you heard of, EE Customer Service is NOT impressive, but what about their Fibre BB, irrespective of up to 38Mbps or 76Mbps downloads??
What do they like when comparing to BT or PlusNet???
Thank

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 21-Mar-15 11:46:23
Print Post

I answered what I know and I don't answer what I don't know!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Sat 21-Mar-15 21:06:49
Print Post

I don't know about their fibre broadband service, but I moved my home phone from BT to EE and kept my number, been very pleased with the service. I get caller display, BT answer phone service and I still have the free evening and weekend calls with ADSL2+ home broadband unlimited, it also includes the line rental all for £19.50 per month.

http://ee.co.uk/help/accounts-billing-and-topping-up...

I've Been thinking about taking up EEs latest offer their FREE EE TV Box supplied with FREE tablet. wink

https://broadband.ee.co.uk/ee-tv-free-tablet-offer

If I took up the offer I would lose my legacy home phone free evening calls so would need to have anytime calls.
Per month that would be, £11 line rental, £9.95 home broadband and phone and £5 anytime home phone calls. Total £25.95 per month. ooo

I also have the SIM only Orange Dolphin 7 plan mobile phone contract £7 per month. smile

http://studio.orange.co.uk/shop/dolphin7/

EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps unlimited. Sync 15282 kbps Downstream, 1276 kbps Upstream. thinkbroadband/SpeedTest
Bright Box 1 ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by EE/Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router

Edited by E7er (Sat 21-Mar-15 21:35:39)

Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 22-Mar-15 09:59:54
Print Post

Can't comment on their Fibre or phone line yet, but I'm in the process of swapping to them. Their customer care is pretty hopeless, but that seems to be the norm for most providers these days. frown

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - New Call Telecom Ltd via Technicolor TG582N Presently trying to move to EE.

Previously - Plusnet, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream,
Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
===========
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 22-Mar-15 10:05:07
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
EE has a habit of losing landline nos in a migration.

Thanks for the warning.

Luckily my main number is VOIP, so like registered domain names I no longer have to worry if my BB phone number changes. wink

Here's an example of EE customer service :-

EE - Engineer is booked .....
Me - why?
EE - You don't need an engineer.
Me - quite [sigh]

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - New Call Telecom Ltd via Technicolor TG582N Presently trying to move to EE.

Previously - Plusnet, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream,
Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
===========
Standard User OCdragon
(experienced) Sun 22-Mar-15 11:38:02
Print Post

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

I have surfed your LINK: https://broadband.ee.co.uk/ee-tv-free-tablet-offer provided and I feel generally happy with it pricewise. However I would only get 38.3Mbps Max. download, which is a lot slower than my existing ISP, for their fibre when I used EE's Broadband-Speed Checker even I have provided with my Post-Code and even telephone number. My current ISP is Plusnet for broadband and I 'm receiving 52Mbps download speed CONSTANTLY . So is this EE's broadband I got CORRECT, or it would generally saying so for "new" checks??

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to