General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User agkq62
(regular) Wed 08-Apr-15 11:17:46
Print Post

Zen 8000 price increase!!!!!!

[link to this post]

Just had an email from Zen to say the Zen 8000 Active is increasing to £32.50/ Month.

This has really cheesed me off, I have been a loyal customer for nearly 10 years and always had excellent service. How can they justify that price in the present market?

Maybe they just want rid of the adsl customers
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 08-Apr-15 12:50:12
Print Post

Re: Zen 8000 price increase!!!!!!

[re: agkq62] [link to this post]

How much has it gone up from? Is it one of their legacy packages? If so, it may be they would rather consolidate people onto the new packages.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 08-Apr-15 13:08:36
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
Is it one of their legacy packages?

Very much legacy! Zen 8000 Active was Zen's very first 8 meg product. I agree that OP should check Zen's latest product range.

Oliver.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User agkq62
(regular) Wed 08-Apr-15 14:02:44
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Gone up from £25.52.

As far as I can see on their website Zen Active is the only offering.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 08-Apr-15 14:06:21
Print Post

In reply to a post by agkq62:
Gone up from £25.52.

As far as I can see on their website Zen Active is the only offering.

Yup, but "Zen Active" is not "Zen Active 8000". Switch to Zen Active and you get your old price back.

Oliver.
Standard User agkq62
(regular) Wed 08-Apr-15 14:48:09
Print Post

Why on earth doesn't it say that in the email shown below?

8th April 2015

We’re writing to let you know that our prices are changing on some of our broadband services.

Zen’s mission is to provide the best ISP service in the UK. To do this we are constantly reviewing our products, services and prices and as you may know, we haven’t altered the cost brackets for our broadband offerings for several years despite our many developments and improvements.

When we originally set these prices internet usage was much lower than it is today. Since then, the UK’s broadband network has expanded and the demand for high-speed connectivity in the home and office has increased dramatically. As a result, it has become more difficult to service some areas of the UK due to their infrastructure. Indeed, in some cases, the costs we pay to provide broadband in these areas are almost double that which we charge our customers. We’ve tried our absolute hardest to ensure this has never impacted you; however, we’ve now reached a point where we must alter our prices to better reflect the genuine delivery costs our services require.

As a result, we will be increasing the price of your Zen 8000 Active service from £21.27 per month, to £26 per month.

We appreciate this price jump may come as a bit of a surprise, so we’re doing our very best to ensure you will be supported through the adjustment. Rather than giving you the contractual one month’s notice period about the change, we’ve instead decided to make no price alterations until 1st July, allowing you to fully consider your options.

We understand that as a result of the price changes you may prefer to transfer your services away from Zen completely. If this is the case, please let us know by emailing broadband.support@zen.co.uk before 5pm on 31st May and we will provide the information you need to move within five working days. If you choose to end your broadband contract with Zen because these changes are not acceptable to you, you can do so without penalty.

If we haven’t heard from you by 5pm on 31st May, we’ll assume you’re happy to continue with your current service at the new cost. We’ll ensure there’s no interruption to you or your service throughout this transition, and you will simply continue on a one month rolling contract.

As ever, our team are on hand to provide support and advice about your account while these changes take place. If you have any questions, please contact our support team on 01706 902260 or broadband.support@zen.co.uk, between the hours of 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. We’ve also compiled some FAQs to assist you.

It truly is with a heavy heart that we have to make these changes to our prices. We hope you will understand our position, and know that we will do our utmost to ensure this shift is as easy for our customers as possible.

Yours sincerely,

Richard Ahern
Head of Customer Operations
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 08-Apr-15 15:06:46
Print Post

In reply to a post by agkq62:
As a result, we will be increasing the price of your Zen 8000 Active service from £21.27 per month, to £26 per month.

You said your price is increasing from £25.52 to £32.50. But the email you quote says it's increasing from £21.27 to £26.

Which is it?

Oliver.
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Wed 08-Apr-15 15:17:25
Print Post

The prices on the email don't include VAT.
Standard User ShelleH
(regular) Wed 08-Apr-15 15:17:32
Print Post

I'm guessing both... It's the same price stated different ways, which I know Zen often do; factor VAT into it.

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 08-Apr-15 15:25:03
Print Post

[re: ShelleH] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ShelleH:
I'm guessing both... It's the same price stated different ways, which I know Zen often do; factor VAT into it.

Ah right. Although £26+vat does not equal the £32.50 mentioned in the OP.

Oliver.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to