General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User diputs36
(learned) Sat 11-Apr-15 13:11:00
Print Post

IPV4 only tester

[link to this post]

IPV4 tester was found whilst general browsiing. As my ISP does not yet aupport IPV6, would it be better for me to use the other testers that TBB rubs?

One thing I noted was that it is either difficult or a no-no to add the IPV4 only results to my profile. If there is a way, I can't yet fathom it.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 11-Apr-15 13:21:19
Print Post

Re: IPV4 only tester

[re: diputs36] [link to this post]

If your ISP does not support IPv6 yet then the only tester that will have problems is the flashipv6 one which will not run because it does not offer any fall back to ipv4.

The determination of whether to run IPv4 or IPv6 is done well before any test data is transferred.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 11-Apr-15 13:55:41
Print Post

Do you have a problem with the one on the tbb Main Site? Third button down in the right-hand menu. That adds to your profile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 60000/16961kbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User diputs36
(learned) Sat 11-Apr-15 16:36:54
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

So in reality my "find2 is somewhat unnecessary?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 11-Apr-15 16:57:41
Print Post

Yes those flash bersion are only for ipv6 users trying to figure put odd stuff

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to