General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 21-Apr-15 18:23:34
Print Post

Tesco broadband trouble

[link to this post]

Tesco has confirmed its UK broadband service is down for thousands of its customers across the country.

The problem started at 12:00 BST. The firm said up to 10,000 of its 75,000 customers have been without service across different areas of the UK.
Link.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 60000/16961kbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 21-Apr-15 19:06:52
Print Post

Re: Tesco broadband trouble

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

"We are liaising with our network partner [Vodafone] to get the issue resolved as quickly as possible and apologise to any customers affected for the inconvenience."

That doesn't bode too well for Vodafone's new service.

Oliver.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 21-Apr-15 19:29:35
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

If it was more users then I'd worry, but I'd bet on it being something to do with the move to TalkTalk, i.e. someone did a bulk turn off a bit too early smile

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 21-Apr-15 19:32:04
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
If it was more users then I'd worry, but I'd bet on it being something to do with the move to TalkTalk, i.e. someone did a bulk turn off a bit too early smile

So when they said "Some customers are experiencing network problems. This is not related to the migration of customers to TalkTalk," you think they are lying?

Oliver.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 21-Apr-15 19:37:54
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

A network problem could be construed to mean you are in limbo land between two networks, or it could be someone was doing a database tidy ahead of the migration and turned off a lot of people by mistake.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Tue 21-Apr-15 19:56:37
Print Post

Also don't forget that Vodafone recently brought / acquired Demon ISP that may have something to do with it.
Standard User ian007jen
(committed) Tue 21-Apr-15 21:51:26
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

recently brought / acquired

recent?? I thought that was years ago??

Ian
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Tue 21-Apr-15 22:07:11
Print Post

[re: ian007jen] [link to this post]

27 July 2012

____________________________________________________________________________Information_without_perspective_is_a_higher_form_of_ignorance________
Standard User partial
(committed) Tue 21-Apr-15 22:12:09
Print Post

Vodafone have a heck of a lot of fibre thrown in the hedge along railway lines. My money is on that being closer to the cause than an admin error.
Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Tue 21-Apr-15 22:16:44
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Yep, your right
Founded in 1992, Demon is one of the UKs most experienced Internet Service Providers. Always known as an innovator, Demon was the first to trial broadband in the UK. The Vodafone Group acquired Demon, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cable&Wireless Worldwide, on 27th July 2012.
Been years since we was last with them (back when 2Mbps ADSL was the all you could get and you got two whitish boxes from BTOR to connect to your line to get it) and recently saw them being own by Vodafone, so I thought it was a recent thing.

Paul
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to