General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User derekdel
(newbie) Tue 19-May-15 14:21:30
Print Post

ZEN internet usage cap change

[link to this post]

I noticed last week that Zen have changed their usage amounts. You can now get unlimited broadband [adsl] for cheaper than the price of Active tariff that had a 200GB cap.
Anyone on the older tariff can phone up and change over with the same monthly rolling contract.
Zen broadband

Worth a look if you are using the service

Standard User mugwumpx
(committed) Tue 19-May-15 18:06:30
Print Post

Re: ZEN internet usage cap change

[re: derekdel] [link to this post]

I wonder if those prices hold for those on Market 1 exchanges who have just been royally stuffed with eye watering price rises in the offing?

Mugwump

Origo Repair CD - www.origo-repair.org.uk
Routertech - A new help site for all things router & networking
Standard User clivers
(newbie) Tue 19-May-15 18:34:56
Print Post

[re: mugwumpx] [link to this post]

having just checked a site we have with a market 1 exchange the answer is no.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 19-May-15 18:38:11
Print Post

Surely the issue is those exchanges where the only wholesale service is 20CN (those on the old Zen 8000 packages), not the Ofcom categorisation of the exchange.

There's no such thing as Market 1 any more, to my understanding - we've now switched to Ofcom's new Market A and Market B designations.

Standard User mugwumpx
(committed) Tue 19-May-15 18:52:08
Print Post

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

That's what I meant

Mugwump

Standard User mugwumpx
(committed) Tue 19-May-15 18:54:22
Print Post

[re: clivers] [link to this post]

I just checked my number and it looks like we are going to continue getting stuffed or move to a different ISp who will probably do the same

Mugwump

Standard User Towerman
(newbie) Wed 20-May-15 11:33:27
Print Post

In reply to a post by mugwumpx:
I just checked my number and it looks like we are going to continue getting stuffed or move to a different ISp who will probably do the same

Just checked my No on the Biggar (WSBIG) exchange and SamKnows said it is still Market 1 frown
However, phoned Zen up and their checks say YES I can have the unlimited product smile

So order placed - A Win Win.
Standard User Jax2
(regular) Wed 20-May-15 13:50:42
Print Post

[re: Towerman] [link to this post]

Having read through this topic I too rang Zen. I am on a market 1 exchange and yes I could still change over, unlimited download usage and approx £4 a month cheaper. No brainer as they say, all ordered. Thanks to the OP for putting this up!
Standard User kebabselector
(regular) Wed 20-May-15 14:02:00
Print Post

[re: Jax2] [link to this post]

Another mover here, was paying around £12 for the 'cheap' line rental and £25 Broadband. Now paying £5 less, should keep me a little happier whilst I wait for fibre.

Current on Zen, getting around 5mb down - .8mb up
Exchange is Fibre enabled, Cab not economically viable to upgrade - though 'Under Review'

Edited by kebabselector (Wed 20-May-15 14:03:15)

Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 20-May-15 15:05:00
Print Post

[re: Jax2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Jax2:
Having read through this topic I too rang Zen. I am on a market 1 exchange and yes I could still change over, unlimited download usage and approx £4 a month cheaper. No brainer as they say, all ordered. Thanks to the OP for putting this up!
It might not be Zen's intention to allow 20CN customers onto the unlimited package, as it would be somewhat nonsensical(*) to put up the Zen 8000 prices then offer, at least to existing customers, a cheaper unlimited product over 20CN. That said, if Zen accept your Unlimited Broadband order over the phone and implement it, good luck to you!

This has shades of the introduction of the unlimited FTTC packages, where early in the product life a phone call to Zen sales would often allow a move to the unlimited packages even if you were in minimum contract period on a capped FTTC product. Later on, Zen started holding people to the minimum contract term on the capped product before they were allowed to switch, which appears to have been their original intention.

Anyone on a 20CN only exchange who wants to cut their costs would be well advised to call Zen sales and attempt to switch to Unlimited Broadband as soon as possible. If Zen don't intend offering Unlimited Broadband over 20CN, they will likely realise in due course and make this product switch impossible.

(*) - 'somewhat nonsensical' as it might be one of those hideous inertia-based marketing strategies, where those who ask for a cheaper price get it, whereas the majority who do nothing land up paying extra.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to