General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 27-May-15 06:41:03
Print Post

Migration question

[link to this post]

Started this discussion in another thread but thought it best to start another so not to go off topic in the other.

My ISP (coms) have been bought out by Timico and will shortly be moving customers over to the Timico network. Before this anouncement i was about to get my MAC to move migrate. If i got my MAC now how would this effect the move over to Timico thatcmy current isp will soon be doing? Will the mac automatically cancel any order they place to move me over or not?

Wouldnt want to be in a position where i was about to move to a new isp, and the block move then happened and got moved again without my say so. I know people on here moved once Coms bought adsl24 so a similar position

Edited by bobble_bob (Wed 27-May-15 06:43:43)

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 27-May-15 08:34:48
Print Post

Re: Migration question

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

My gut instinct is that if you've not yet started the process to migrate to your new chosen ISP, then sit tight with the existing until such time as their change/takeover is complete.

My thinking being that having two orders rattling around at the same time, yours to leave and theirs to facilitate the buyout, sounds like a recipe for disaster if combined. As/if/when anything goes array during all this, then who does one call for resolution ?

Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 27-May-15 08:46:07
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Yea was thinking that. When the takeover happens they cant lock you into a contract can they? On a rolling 1 month contract at present

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 27-May-15 08:51:20
Print Post

You remain on the exact same contract terms as now and take-overs take several months to happen and given migration system all changes on 20th June I would not expect them to do much before then.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 27-May-15 09:18:14
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Cheers. So would you migrate now or wait until the takeover incase it causes any problems having a mac migration and a takeover change possibly at the same time

Edited by bobble_bob (Wed 27-May-15 09:18:46)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 27-May-15 09:20:56
Print Post

Personally I'd go through with the migration now if I had already been thinking of moving

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 27-May-15 09:26:01
Print Post

Want to move yea. The only thing im worried about is if a bulk order is places by Timico while im waiting for the mac/migration to complete and what problems this may cause. Especially as Coms seem abit incompetent and may just forget ive migrated away and do the bulk order anyway
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 27-May-15 11:17:56
Print Post

The move if the buy out does end up with them doing a migration might be six months away or more - how long do you want to wait?

Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 27-May-15 11:28:33
Print Post

Well asap but Timico did say they would be moving people over shortly in an email i got from them. Dunno how they define shortly though. They do have a network inplace so not sure why it would necessary take 6 month?

If it did take 6 month then migrating now would be straightforward. Its just if like i said i migrate now and they decide to move everyone over in the next few week. I then could have a migrating being processed while a bulk migration takes place from Timico which could cause all sorts of trouble

Edited by bobble_bob (Wed 27-May-15 11:29:11)

Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 27-May-15 14:21:51
Print Post

Well emailed Coms for my MAC, nothing to lose having a MAC i guess even if i dont use it straight away. Why do they take up to 5 days to generate? In these days of everything being almost instant, seems daft it can take a full working week to get a code to migrate
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to