General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 04-Jun-15 14:59:18
Print Post

Change ISP and sync

[link to this post]

So finally (see other thread) moved over to Pulse8. My last ISP (coms) used TTB LLU. Pulse8 use TTB LLU so same tech at the exchange. I asked Pulse to set my line profile to the exact same as i was on with Coms, and looking in my router the noise margin etc is the same as before

Ive noticed though that with Pulse8 im syncing at 1000kbps more than i ever did with Coms when on the same noise margin. How is that possible? I thought the sync was between the exchange and my router, nothing to do with ISP?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 04-Jun-15 15:01:30
Print Post

Re: Change ISP and sync

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

How long since you sync'ed with Coms? And what time of day?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 60000/16961kbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Thu 04-Jun-15 15:01:50)

Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 04-Jun-15 15:06:08
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Well seeing as i was messing around checking to see if the migration had gone through, i was resyncing every hour to test see if the migration had gone through

Admittedly i may not have resynced at 3pm for a long time, but in the many years ive been on TTB LLU ive never got this high of a sync. Used to get around 9000-9500kbps depending on time of day. Sync ive got now is 10060kbps

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 04-Jun-15 16:24:01
Print Post

Pure guess - It might have reset you onto fastpath and as their DLM kicks in it might switch you back to interleaved. Likelihood is that the switchover reset all the parameters of the line and it will follow whatever DLM TTB use and may stay at this or reset back to a lower speed over time.
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 04-Jun-15 16:25:35
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Nope on Interleaved as asked to change onto it
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 04-Jun-15 16:26:18
Print Post

Different level of interleaving?
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 04-Jun-15 16:31:26
Print Post

Does that exist? Even if it does, the fact im still on the same tech at the exchange and this hasnt been altered i wouldnt have thought it would change. Who knows
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 04-Jun-15 16:36:03
Print Post

It is likely then when they moved you they did reset line characteristics. This might make small changes to a number of settings which might have resulted in the increase. It equally might disappear again with whatever DLM TTB uses.

Just because it is the same line doesn't necessarily mean it has identical settings at the exchange.
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 04-Jun-15 16:39:41
Print Post

Ah right cheers. Do TTB have an active DLM as Pulse8 were able to change my linestats at their end.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Thu 04-Jun-15 17:21:15
Print Post

Different target SNRM?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to