General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 22-Jun-15 14:25:47
Print Post

Broadband refund

[link to this post]

So i migrated away from my old ISP at the beginning of the month and gave then paid my months notice. Just got an invoice from my ISP now owing £-15 which is a refund for this months subscription. Techincally they dont owe me it as that was the months notice period, but im not going to complain if they want to give me it back/

Anyway i cancelled the Direct Debit once i had paid my notice period. Will they still be able to refund me if the DD is cancelled or not? Im not going to chase them for it as like i said im not actually owed it, just wondering if they would be able to if the DD isnt in place. I assume they still hold my details
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 22-Jun-15 14:34:03
Print Post

Re: Broadband refund

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

ADSL24 always refunded subscriptions from the migration date onwards.

They will want to refund it via the D/D. Highly unlikely to do so any other way, which why it is recommended not to stop D/Ds until things are sorted.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 58162/14182kbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 22-Jun-15 14:41:37
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Just rung them (first time had good CS for once thats why i asked on here, usually get more sense wink )

Anyway they still hold my account details, but refunds arent automatically processed. You have to ring up and asked to be placed on the refund list (probably why so many havent had their refund). She said she will place my details on the list and it could be up to a month to get it back. Bit strange you have to manually ask for a refund

Edited by bobble_bob (Mon 22-Jun-15 14:42:07)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 22-Jun-15 14:44:49
Print Post

Did she spot/did you tell her that you had cancelled the D/D? I doubt if they would know until it failed.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 58162/14182kbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 22-Jun-15 14:50:06
Print Post

I told her and she said the account is closed anyway (thanks to the Timico guy that did it for me) and she would add my details to the refund list.

Not sure if a reverse DD (dunno the proper name for it) would effect anything if i had cancelled but will see

Edited by bobble_bob (Mon 22-Jun-15 14:51:00)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 22-Jun-15 16:17:04
Print Post

It is possible to do a direct payment to a bank account if you know the sort code and account number. Which of course they do. In this sort of case it's just normally done (presumably as a credit/negative amount) through the D/D.

Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 22-Jun-15 16:33:37
Print Post

Ah cool cheers. Well account confirmed as closed so finally got rid of Coms.
Standard User nickscs
(member) Mon 22-Jun-15 22:29:57
Print Post

When I migrated away from Coms over a year ago, I had cancelled my DD too, I emailed the CS lady who confirmed my migration notice stating this, but they still had my details on record and my bank was credited less than week later One of the few emails from them that actually went right and , on time.
  Print Thread

Jump to