General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User bob12345
(regular) Thu 25-Jun-15 08:23:15
Print Post

21CN query

[link to this post]

Hi my village is due to go 21cn in the next two month, when we are moved to 21cn is this a change of the d-side.?

The reason i ask is that the local BT OR engineers have been saying for a few years there a no good d-sides in the exchange left.

Ones people are on including myself are the best of a bad lot

many thanks
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 25-Jun-15 08:51:30
Print Post

Re: 21CN query

[re: bob12345] [link to this post]

I doubt it but I suppose while they are in there they might upgrade the cabling. But primarily it's only an upgrade of the equipment in the exchange. What it should do is give you access to the faster 'up to 24Mb/s' broadband services. I think the switch over will be automatic as BT are phasing out the older 'up to 8Mb/s' service.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Edited by Andrue (Thu 25-Jun-15 08:53:58)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 25-Jun-15 08:59:24
Print Post

Re: 21CN query

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

21CN ie WBC ADSL2+ is NOT automatic, though many providers will go as soon as they can as WBC services are cheaper to provide.

The only wiring changes involved will be moving your ADSL line from one DSLAM to another at the exchange once the move has been booked by the ISP.

NOTE: Even if the download speed estimate is the same due to line length you usually benefit from the up to 832 Kbps upload, which while not mega fast is double what you have now at least.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to