General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 28-Jun-15 09:02:20
Print Post

Speed issues until resync

[link to this post]

Noticed this morning my broadband was abit slower than normal. Tested with a few speedtest and downloading files, and noticed they would start at my max speed but then slowly over the course of the test slow down. Then i noticed my router lose sync and resync at roughly the same speed as before but suddenly the download speed issue had gone. Everything downloading at max rate and not slowing down like before

So could the slower downloads and resync be related? And why would a resync fix it?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 28-Jun-15 09:31:05
Print Post

Re: Speed issues until resync

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

Resync might have improved the actual connection speed, without before and after details it is guess work.

Another possibility is that the resync put you onto a different part of the providers network where there is less congestion.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 28-Jun-15 09:34:49
Print Post

Re: Speed issues until resync

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Cheers. Just seems odd that ive gone 3 weeks without a resync of any kind, and the minute i start having a few issues it resyncs. Could be coincidence i guess but seems funny timing

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to