General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Landman
(newbie) Mon 29-Jun-15 20:52:31
Print Post

Post office temp line cease issue

[link to this post]

Hello folks,

Thanks for taking the time to read my message, just a quick one really.

I have had an issue with my post office line today. Im a disabled customer and have many disability devices attached to my phone line.

Post office instead of contacting me just passed on a small debt to a company called C.A.R.S. I had no correspondence from ether C.A.R.S or Post office themselves to inform me of any issue relating to late payment.

Now here is the strange part;

They have told me that they have placed a temp cease on my line and because the payment was made on the day that the temp cease was placed on the line, they would be able to recover my line and all its services within 24 hours (may take up to 3 working days). Now i have never herd of a "Temporary Cease" before and not sure if post office have the power to do such a task.

So my question is have I lost everything on my line or will it return to normal once C.A.R.S. send them payment conformation to the post office. Both C.A.R.S And the post office say all my line and all the services on it will return

Whats peoples view on this ??? it is worth mentioning, now i am aware of the issue the bill has been paid in full and is now clear.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 29-Jun-15 20:55:10
Print Post

Re: Post office temp line cease issue

[re: Landman] [link to this post]

Given a cease costs them money probably just a call block was put in place to stop any more bills being run up

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Landman
(newbie) Mon 29-Jun-15 20:57:30
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

The line was working up until around 12 noon today, Now when i call into the line from my mobile i just get a dead tone on the line. Both C.A.R.S. And the Post office say its a temp cease placed on the line its strange,

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Landman
(newbie) Mon 29-Jun-15 21:54:09
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

What i tried my number in BT as if i was placing an order this was the message i got

"Unfortunately the phone number you entered is for a stopped line which can't be reactivated"

Not sure what that means? anyone have an idea?

Edited by Landman (Mon 29-Jun-15 21:57:07)

Standard User panda
(committed) Mon 29-Jun-15 22:27:09
Print Post

A 'Stop' is a soft cease - In effect it has been turned off via software.
It just needs a 'Start' order to restore service, which is another computer task.

Eats shoots and leaves.
Standard User Landman
(newbie) Mon 29-Jun-15 22:33:55
Print Post

[re: panda] [link to this post]

Oh that's good to know. So in theory, if Post office do what they say they will do and that is "Restore" my service. Line and all services attached to it will be restored, would i be correct in assuming this?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 29-Jun-15 23:24:08
Print Post

Were the PO aware you are disabled, because if they were I'm surprised there isn't anything preventing them doing this.

If they were, then once things are back to normal, in your position I would be having a chat with my local CAB about compensation for stress. You are clearly experiencing that - I hope not too badly. This sort of action can cause danger and utter panic .

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 58162/14182kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User Landman
(newbie) Tue 30-Jun-15 15:06:39
Print Post

Even though the post office have had my payment and have so now for some 24 hours they are still refusing to reactivate my line on the grounds that they have not recived confirmation from C.A.R.S concerning my payment.

My fiber (broadband) provider have also Informed me that my line has been compleatly ceased as the broadband profile has been removed from the line.

I'm very angry this has caused me a hell load of trouble with my disability providers and my carers that are not able to reach me on my landline had 3 visits from different people last night as alarms started to be raised. Plus not able to shop due to having little mobility and no internet.

Very confused and not too sure what to do

Edited by Landman (Tue 30-Jun-15 15:13:17)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 30-Jun-15 15:20:00
Print Post

Keep on at Post Office but also worth finding out from CAB what rights you have, and whether depending on your disability whether it was right of the Post Office to do what they did, presuming they knew about the need for the landline.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 30-Jun-15 15:24:02
Print Post

Ouch. I, and probably others, assumed you also had Post Office Broadband. and that too would be reactivated. Though the cost of all this isn't insignificant.

A line cease does automatically cease broadband. Who was it with, and was kit within a minimu term?

As I asked before, were the Post Office aware you are disabled?

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 58162/14182kbps @ 600m. - BQM
  Print Thread

Jump to