General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 04-Jul-15 15:54:49
Print Post

WLR3

[link to this post]

WLR3 is an Openreach product, for which we can see the prices.

In the case of ISPs using BT Wholesale WBC/WBMC/IPSC do they buy the WLR3 service direct from Openreach, or from BT Wholesale at some other price please?

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 58162/14182kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 04-Jul-15 15:59:41
Print Post

Re: WLR3

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

They pay the regulated WLR price from Openreach.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 04-Jul-15 17:18:56
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks Andrew.

But direct, or via BTW at zero BTW margin?

I used to think it was direct, but a few things in the past led me to be unsure.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 04-Jul-15 18:32:01
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Ofcom would be publishing changes on pricing if that was the case

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 04-Jul-15 19:02:39
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I don't see where Ofcom come into this, unless you've misunderstood what I'm asking. I'm having difficulty framing the question.

Let's try this scenario.

I set up an ISP. I don't intend to install my kit in exchanges, or have my own national network, though I will have links to a WBMC node and my own internal network plus peering links. I decide on WBMC.

I order broadband for my customers through BTW.

If I wish to supply lines to my customers, do I order direct from Openreach, or do I/(can I) order from BTW, even though the end product is Openreach WLR3?

Print Thread

Jump to