General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User moirah
(newbie) Wed 08-Jul-15 17:09:52
Print Post

Billion 8800nl

[link to this post]

I am looking to purchase a Bollion 8800nl, my question is I am on EO adsl line is the billion as future proof ie adsl2 and possibly fibre as I can get given its price? Not being very technically minded how easy is it to set up bearing in mind we only have iPads in our household thanks in advance for all assistance
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 08-Jul-15 17:18:22
Print Post

Re: Billion 8800nl

[re: moirah] [link to this post]

Billion 8800NL supports ADSL2+ and VDSL2 and also has an Ethernet WAN port so if you use a service with a different modem required you should still be able to use the Billion as a router.

Cannot say I've set a billion up using an ipad, but given configuration is browser based it should be fine.

One proviso to having just wireless devices and this applies to any router that providers wireless, having one device that can connect via Ethernet is always a good safety net in case you mess up when configuring wireless security.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User rarrar
(member) Thu 09-Jul-15 09:14:15
Print Post

Re: Billion 8800nl

[re: moirah] [link to this post]

The user Manual is here:
http://www.billion.uk.com/esupport/index.php?/Knowle...
There is also a quick guide included in the package.
Probably need a wired connection to do initial setup.
Setup will not be as simple as with an ISP supplied precoinfigured ADSL modem/router , but the quick setup works and 95% of the manual and settings can be ignored.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to