General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User project_x_uk
(member) Sat 11-Jul-15 14:18:15
Print Post

bt assessment centre

[link to this post]

Applied to openreach to become a engineer while ago. Woke up this morning to a email.saying I've been invited to attend assessment centre and was just wondering what goes on there what to expect etc. Any help is.much appreciated
Standard User micksharpe
(legend) Sat 11-Jul-15 15:04:24
Print Post

Re: bt assessment centre

[re: project_x_uk] [link to this post]

You could ring the assessment centre.

It's not the age... it's the mileage.
(member) Sat 11-Jul-15 15:09:17
Print Post

[re: micksharpe] [link to this post]

They have not provided me yet with tel numbers etc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User eckiedoo
(experienced) Sat 11-Jul-15 16:13:27
Print Post

http://btplc.com/Careercentre/Ourlocations/UK/FastTr...

https://www.jobtestprep.co.uk/bt_assessment
(member) Sat 11-Jul-15 17:18:39
Print Post

[re: eckiedoo] [link to this post]

Had none of that just a email asking if I would attened to there site in stafford. Wonder if process has changed
Standard User partial
(committed) Sat 11-Jul-15 17:33:23
Print Post

Those links are for graduates.

When they took me on, many moons ago, the local boss asked if I would stay for life, would I dig holes in the rain and what pubs did I drink in.

Nowadays I would advise making sure you know all about Openreach. What it does, why it was created and its undertakings as well as all about risk assessments. .

Edited by partial (Sat 11-Jul-15 17:47:53)

(member) Sat 11-Jul-15 17:57:59
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

Seems all about hse these days and customer satisfaction/ corporate image. Will swot up on stuff
Standard User partial
(committed) Sat 11-Jul-15 18:05:30
Print Post

My chum went for a job their last year and according to his feedback he didn't get the job because he didn't know enough about Openreach. So that's your starter.

I like health and safety. What happened before health and safety? A lot more people died at work.

An Openreach newbie is going to be spending a lot of time up poles putting up flying wires. With traffic and pedestrians below that could be at risk as well as yourself.. So you are going to spend a few minutes before everything you do thinking about how you are going to do it safely.
(member) Sat 11-Jul-15 18:22:04
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

thanks for the tip. Is it true if you don't like the look of a job e.g. exchange on blind bend u can kick it back
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 11-Jul-15 18:26:32
Print Post

Exchanges are buildings usually with safe parking, believe you mean a cabinet and that of decision would be things to consider as part of H&S

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to