General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User billford
(elder) Wed 05-Aug-15 14:05:24
Print Post

CASS

[link to this post]

Anyone know anything about a company with that name (homepage here)?

My internet (FTTC) went off, no sync. Picked up the phone to call my ISP, no dial tone. Obvious first thought- cabinet.

Took a walk, both cabinets open and being worked on, van was from the above company (first thought was relief that it didn't say "Kelly"!). Had a chat1- more connections required, cabinet was full. Went home, phone working, modem sync'd but connected to a BT "problem" IP.

ISP suggested I tried calling 17070 sure 'nuff, I wasn't connected to my number. Back to the cabinets with the two numbers... they found the problem quite quickly and fixed it, but I'm left wondering how many others are going to get strange phone bills!

1 Wasn't impressed- tried to tell me that TalkTalk were part of BT crazy

Bill
A level playing field is level in both directions.

_______________________________________Planes and Boats and ... ______________BQMs: IPv4 IPv6
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 05-Aug-15 14:37:46
Print Post

Re: CASS

[re: billford] [link to this post]

Not heard of them Bill, though sound like shysters of the highest order. I suppose your only point of contact would be your ISP ... but [censored] surely these guys can do better than this ??

Standard User billford
(elder) Wed 05-Aug-15 14:52:57
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
sound like shysters of the highest order.
Well, if they under-bid Kelly's crazy

I suppose your only point of contact would be your ISP
Or 150 as I'm now pre-warned of possible troubles.

Provided they don't mess anything else up on my line I'm happy, and I can't do anything about other people's lines anyway.

But if I do hear of a neighbour with billing or internet problems I can give them a number to call (the afore-mentioned 17070) which might give them a stick to beat someone with smile

Bill

_______________________________________Planes and Boats and ... ______________BQMs: IPv4 IPv6

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 05-Aug-15 15:04:59
Print Post

Try clicking Terms & Conditions on their website. tongue !

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 57676/14040kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User billford
(elder) Wed 05-Aug-15 15:08:50
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Most informative- says a lot about the company! shocked

Bill

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 05-Aug-15 15:23:05
Print Post

Owner is:-

Mark McKinney holds 4 appointments at 4 active companies, has resigned from 2 companies and held 4 appointments at 4 dissolved companies. Mark began their first appointment at the age of 32. Their longest current appointment spans 14 years and 7 months at CABLE AND SPLICING SERVICES LIMITED.

The combined cash at bank value for all businesses where Mark holds a current appointment equals £192,667, with a combined total current assets value of £1,183,837 and total current liabilities of £753,250. Roles associated with Mark McKinney within the recorded businesses include: Company Secretary, Director

Company No. 04128539
The only other director is Ms Carol Ann McKinney

The latest Annual Accounts submitted to Companies House for the year up to 31/12/2013 reported 'cash at bank' of £179,951, 'liabilities' worth £753,099, 'net worth' of £577,104 and 'assets' worth £1,171,121.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 05-Aug-15 15:25:54)

Standard User micksharpe
(legend) Wed 05-Aug-15 15:27:13
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Try clicking Terms & Conditions on their website. tongue !
Testimonials makes interesting reading too.

It's not the age... it's the mileage.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 05-Aug-15 15:32:13
Print Post

[re: micksharpe] [link to this post]

Website made clear, or not, by clicking the "produced by apt" link.

Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 05-Aug-15 15:49:15
Print Post

recently had similar at my cabs... no downtime at my end but was an unheard of utilities contractor...

This sort of thing is worrying to say the least...

EDIT: The contractors where BML Contractors http://www.bmlutilities.co.uk/

WBC 3200/800 QOS 3072/768
FTTC 63500/19999 QOS 55000/15000
FTTN Coming Soon

Edited by mlmclaren (Wed 05-Aug-15 15:52:46)

Standard User vit0
(member) Sat 08-Aug-15 10:38:20
Print Post

In reply to a post by billford:
Anyone know anything about a company with that name (homepage here)?

My internet (FTTC) went off, no sync. Picked up the phone to call my ISP, no dial tone. Obvious first thought- cabinet.

Took a walk, both cabinets open and being worked on, van was from the above company (first thought was relief that it didn't say "Kelly"!). Had a chat1- more connections required, cabinet was full. Went home, phone working, modem sync'd but connected to a BT "problem" IP.

ISP suggested I tried calling 17070 sure 'nuff, I wasn't connected to my number. Back to the cabinets with the two numbers... they found the problem quite quickly and fixed it, but I'm left wondering how many others are going to get strange phone bills!

1 Wasn't impressed- tried to tell me that TalkTalk were part of BT crazy

I've come across them through work, they subcontract to CityFibre, been fairly impressed with them tbh.

Lee
  Print Thread

Jump to