General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jarrodstrachan
(newbie) Sun 09-Aug-15 20:50:38
Print Post

Cancelling FREE broadband?

[link to this post]

Hi,

Just called SKY to go about cancelling my services, however their cancellations department were closed, so I asked the general customer services line about any remaining tenure with them, they said I was out of contract for the TV services but in contract for broadband and phone, however they said my broadband and phone was FREE, so I'm assuming just line rental.

My question is, my broadband and phone contract is until March, though if it is free, am I free to leave without any cancellation fee?

Cheers
Standard User woodmass14
(regular) Sun 09-Aug-15 21:18:17
Print Post

Re: Cancelling FREE broadband?

[re: jarrodstrachan] [link to this post]

well whenever i take an offer from sky i have to agree to another 12 month contract, and its been like that for the 10 years i've been with them, however that was just sky tv but i'm guessing the broadband and tv contracts will be similar.

Since you have free broadband that would make me assume your on offer which in turn puts you in a contract with them plus it costs sky money to set up your line when you first ordered from them, money they will eventually get back during your contract.

So to conclude, you will most likely have to pay a cancellation fee. How much i have no idea smile
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 09-Aug-15 21:19:36
Print Post

Really needs Sky to answer as they will know your various product dates

There may be a cancellation fee even if broadband is free, depends on t&c

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sun 09-Aug-15 21:31:42
Print Post

If you're in a contract and you want to leave early that option in this case wouldn't necessarily be free of charges, check with Sky for the definitive answer.

plusnet user
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 09-Aug-15 23:46:58
Print Post

The free BB is subject to a 1 year contract: If you quit before the year is up you will no longer be eligible for free BB & will be liable for early termination charges.

IN any case you will be liable for a BB disconnection charge.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 09-Aug-15 23:53:58
Print Post

In reply to a post by jarrodstrachan:
... but in contract for broadband and phone, however they said my broadband and phone was FREE, so I'm assuming just line rental.

My question is, my broadband and phone contract is until March, though if it is free, am I free to leave without any cancellation fee?
Are you saying you are paying line rental at the moment?

If so, then I don't understand how they are saying your phone is free, unless you have Anytime calls and they are confused.

Your post in effect says you haven't got anything you are having to pay for. Which doesn't seem possible.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 57584/13846kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 10-Aug-15 09:12:31
Print Post

http://www.sky.com/shop/terms-conditions/offers/

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - EE via Technicolor TG582N

Previously - New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Plusnet, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet,
X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
===========
Standard User amonra
(newbie) Mon 10-Aug-15 09:23:50
Print Post

[re: hk11] [link to this post]

It's SKY, You pay. End of story.
  Print Thread

Jump to