General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User brandscill
(experienced) Sun 16-Aug-15 11:11:03
Print Post

BT Wholesale Exchange Checker has no results

[link to this post]

Hi,

I'm enquiring for a friend who has just ordered broadband with Plusnet. Something has gone wrong and he hasn't been connected to the correct exchange. He should be on the Whiteley exchange but instead is on the Locks Heath Exchange. How is it possible to be connected to the wrong exchange exactly?

If we use his phone number or address on the wholesale checker it shows the number is on the Whiteley exchange but now both results don't show any details regarding ADSL.

http://i.imgur.com/yq7yX1G.png

What could this mean exactly?

Thanks

Plus Net - 40/20

Edited by brandscill (Sun 16-Aug-15 11:37:40)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 16-Aug-15 12:11:24
Print Post

Re: BT Wholesale Exchange Checker has no results

[re: brandscill] [link to this post]

If they are on the boundary of the two exchange areas then more scope for uncertainty and if a property has never had a phone line even more so, if a terrace then the two immediate neighbours are a good indicator.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User brandscill
(experienced) Sun 16-Aug-15 12:19:52
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi,

Property had a phone line previously, it's in a block of flats. The Whiteley exchange was born out of the Locks Heath exchange so it was geographically closer to Whiteley. Whiteley used to be served by Locks Heath.

Some background here: http://whiteleyforum.net/cm/index.php/122-whiteley-n...

Why would the checker show no ADSL data anymore? Any idea who is to blame here, plusnet or BTOR? Plusnet have cancelled the order and raised a new one but not sure what they've done to stop this happening again.

Thanks

Plus Net - 40/20

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 16-Aug-15 12:24:11
Print Post

Aha yes, have seen a confused state for that area before.

Its nothing to do with PlusNet as the checkers are maintained by Openreach/BT Wholesale. PlusNet should be feeding back and pursuing in an effort to win the customer.

If as is common with all providers this fails (AAISP might be the exception), then best to email me andrew@thinkbroadband.com with the actual number/address info and can pester Openreach

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User brandscill
(experienced) Sun 16-Aug-15 14:31:29
Print Post

Thanks for the advise and offer of help Andrew.

The plusnet user took checkers point to Locks Heath as the exchange whenever we enter details about the property so that just further aids the confusion.

Do you think it's easiest to give Plusnet another shot at getting this sorted?

Thanks again.

Plus Net - 40/20
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 16-Aug-15 15:45:15
Print Post

Initial thread with more information.

Continuation thread with the current position.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57584/13846kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User brandscill
(experienced) Sun 16-Aug-15 15:55:14
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Current position is my friend is emailing the Plusnet CEO to try and get a move on things. Plusnet phone support have been useless.

Plus Net - 40/20
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 16-Aug-15 17:28:17
Print Post

Just that people reading this thread need to know the history. Otherwise they could end up completely wasting their time and energy trying to help, covering ground that is already well-trodden smile.

Very similar to cross-posting in more than one forum here about the same topic.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57970/13958kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User bit_bucket
(newbie) Sun 16-Aug-15 21:38:24
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I wonder if an ADSL2+ service, on an EO circuit, from Locks Heath TE, might actually be faster, as only IPsteam Max is available from Whiteley.

Lizzie
Standard User brandscill
(experienced) Sun 16-Aug-15 22:19:30
Print Post

[re: bit_bucket] [link to this post]

Is that information about Whiteley accurate? Originally when using the wholesale checker it said Whiteley exchange that cab and 15-17mb range. It's also what Plusnet estimated when ordering.

Plus Net - 40/20
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to