General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User SureSurfer
(newbie) Wed 19-Aug-15 16:48:03
Print Post

Plusnet cessation charge?

[link to this post]

G'day everyone,
I was surprised to be told by the Plusnet guy on the phone last night that if I wanted to move to TalkTalk ADSL after my plusnet ADSL contract had finished, I would have to pay a £30 cessation charge. He said that this also applied to Sky, but not to other providers who share BT equipment at the exchange. Has anyone had any experience that could throw some light on this?
--
Thanks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 19-Aug-15 17:23:16
Print Post

Re: Plusnet cessation charge?

[re: SureSurfer] [link to this post]

So long as a standard migration path is taken there is no cease fee raised by BT Wholesale on towards PlusNet

When you request the migration the new provider contacts old one via the wholesaler and you get a letter setting out any costs, giving time to cancel migration if need be, or find out why an old provider thinks you owe them money.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User vimto_girl
(committed) Wed 19-Aug-15 18:18:10
Print Post

Re: Plusnet cessation charge?

[re: SureSurfer] [link to this post]

Read your terms when you signed up and read the terms as they stand now.

They can only charge you if the agreement in both is clear and unambiguous in plain English that you must pay £30 after the minimum term if migrating to e.g. TalkTalk. If it's not there, you know what to do.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to