General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User sparklegirl
(newbie) Thu 20-Aug-15 21:20:31
Print Post

ADSL2+ LLU migration has not happened - why?

[link to this post]

Hi forum,

I'm changing ISP, migrating from BT Retail (which is obviously via BT Wholesale) to an LLU provider for both phone and broadband.

I only remembered earlier this evening that the migration should have taken place yesterday. Nothing at all has happened - phone still works, internet still works, all still on BT.

I've restarted my router, used my new credentials from my new ISP (which don't work) - the migration just hasn't happened.

BT's checker says: "There are multiple orders open on your line which are due to complete by 19-Aug-2015."

I've contacted my new provider but they're out of business hours, I'll get in touch with them again tomorrow. I just wondered what the process is and what might have happened to cause a migration between two standard ADSL2+ services (no fibre involved) to just not happen - and whether anyone has had a similar thing happen in the past.

Does someone physically have to go to my local exchange, unplug me from one thing and plug me into another to make the migration occur, or is it an automated process?

I'm in no real rush to change to the new ISP, I'm just concerned that I'm going to end up either with two companies trying to send me a phone bill or my service ceased entirely. Has anyone else had this experience?

Edited by sparklegirl (Thu 20-Aug-15 21:21:35)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 20-Aug-15 21:28:58
Print Post

Re: ADSL2+ LLU migration has not happened - why?

[re: sparklegirl] [link to this post]

To move to LLU does involve physical connection changes at the exchange, yes. Your line gets connected to the LLU kit instead of the BT Wholesale MSAN.

Why it hasn't happened I can't suggest.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57970/13958kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User sparklegirl
(newbie) Thu 20-Aug-15 21:32:54
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks smile was just wondering. I'll chase the ISP tomorrow to make sure they aren't going to bill me.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 20-Aug-15 21:44:57
Print Post

[re: sparklegirl] [link to this post]

More importantly, why it hasn't happened! smile

It's their problem not BT's.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57970/13958kbps @ 600m. - BQM
  Print Thread

Jump to