General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User wilkofife
(newbie) Sat 22-Aug-15 14:54:27
Print Post

Weird speeds

[link to this post]

Had Infinity 2 installed a week ago. Download speed on my (wired) PC a healthy 70-75Mbps. Upload remains stuck at under 1Mbps. BT tell me it's my problem. Hardware issue ?
Just to confuse things further, my partner's wireless laptop, 20 feet from the router, shows speeds of 12Mbps download and 14Mbps upload ! Where on earth do I go from here?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 22-Aug-15 14:58:35
Print Post

Re: Weird speeds

[re: wilkofife] [link to this post]

What speeds are the Ethernet and wireless networks running at?

Have you ever previously tweaked the network connections, and what operating system is in use.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User wilkofife
(newbie) Sat 22-Aug-15 15:23:17
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I've taken the plunge on Win10 - without major hassle - have never tweaked network connections - indeed don't know how !

Suspect a hardware issue here as have had problems in the past (posted here) with wired connection being slower than wireless.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User keith969
(newbie) Sat 22-Aug-15 15:27:25
Print Post

I presume you've got a HH5.

Wireles speeds for download on the laptop sound a bit slow, but upload sounds about right. I suspect it may be a hardware issue with your PC, but pretty impossible to tell from the info. I have a wired ethernet from my HH5 to a PC and that is about the fastest connection I get, wifi depends on which laptop / iPad / iPhone I use and where, but it's always slower.

Not an expert with PC ethernet - mine just works!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 22-Aug-15 16:20:19
Print Post

Have seen one or two report speed issues due to drivers

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User wilkofife
(newbie) Sat 22-Aug-15 16:20:32
Print Post

[re: keith969] [link to this post]

Well I found the hardware problem - at last - hit on a forum and found there was an issue with some ASUS motherboards - in the installation suite is something called Network Icontrol.

I simply uninstalled this, and everything has been sorted ! Upload speed is now 18Mbps.

I think this will also explain my previous issue with the PC wired connection - wish I could spread the news as there must be a lot of frustrated people out there.

Thanks for your kind help anyway....
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sat 22-Aug-15 16:25:31
Print Post

There are many people spreading the news https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Network+Icontrol
  Print Thread

Jump to