General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User zarkrax
(regular) Mon 24-Aug-15 13:48:44
Print Post

Temp Sync Speed Increase

[link to this post]

Saturday afternoon just as the rain came down we had a 30 sec power cut.

So I checked my router stats to see what speed we synced at and I was surprised my line was back to what I used to get before fault at the exchange was fixed a few weeks ago. It was at 6.7k and the SNR was at 5.4db. Kept my eye on it through Sunday and the SNR was gradually going down to I think to at midnight 2.4db. This morning it was back up again at 3.1db. Alas this increase in speed was short lived as it re-synced at 11.30 this morning back to what seem to be my new usual of 6.1k and SNR of 5.9db

My experience of these things is to leave well alone, and don't keep rebooting the router. I just wondered is it possible that during the Power Cut the exchange DLM reset itself temporally?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 24-Aug-15 14:52:30
Print Post

Re: Temp Sync Speed Increase

[re: zarkrax] [link to this post]

More likely reduced cross talk from devices not reconnecting automatically

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 24-Aug-15 19:15:44
Print Post

Re: Temp Sync Speed Increase

[re: zarkrax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zarkrax:
My experience of these things is to leave well alone, and don't keep rebooting the router. I just wondered is it possible that during the Power Cut the exchange DLM reset itself temporally?
I had this happen to me a while back after a power cut.

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/t/4421533-gai...

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to