General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User john_nethead
(newbie) Fri 28-Aug-15 14:21:39
Print Post

Migration from ADSL to FTTC with another provider

[link to this post]

Just had a reply to a message sent to Demon (aka Vodafone) last Sunday evening. They say that in order for a migration (to Zen FTTC) to take place on 3 Sept, they have to cease service on 2 Sept.

I thought migrations were supposed to have been arranged so that there was little downtime? Certainly the three that I have previously done (using MACs) were seamless: one was BT ADSL to Zen FTTC, two were Eclipse ADSL to Zen ADSL.

Any ideas? It's a business service, so could really do without losing connectivity for potentially 36 hours!
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 28-Aug-15 15:24:28
Print Post

Re: Migration from ADSL to FTTC with another provider

[re: john_nethead] [link to this post]

That doesn't sound right at all. Your service should be able to continue until Openreach disconnect you from Vodafone. Presumably when you moved to Demon (C & W) there was no problem?

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57970/13958kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 28-Aug-15 15:25:03
Print Post

Re: Migration from ADSL to FTTC with another provider

[re: john_nethead] [link to this post]

They don't need to cease at all.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to