General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User woodlander
(newbie) Sat 12-Sep-15 12:53:22
Print Post

PlusNet cut off Broadband and Phone due to 'human error'.

[link to this post]

I'm posting for a friend who currently has no broadband access.

He returned from holiday to find that PlusNet had cut off his phone and broadband account for no reason. They have now explained that this was due to human error, in that an action intended for a different user's account had been erroneously applied to my friend's account.

The phone service has been restored but PlusNet are saying it will take two weeks!! for them to get BT Open Reach to get to their cabinet and reconnect broadband.

Are there any escalation routes that I can advise my friend to try, to try and get this cock-up fixed sooner?

Thanks in advance for any advice that can be offered.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 12-Sep-15 12:57:58
Print Post

Re: PlusNet cut off Broadband and Phone due to 'human error'

[re: woodlander] [link to this post]

You could potentially insist that an expedited install be arranged by PlusNet at their own cost, but if the order has already been placed for an activation then changing things now will possibly cause more problems.

The person needs to push for appropriate compensation for the outage caused.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sat 12-Sep-15 13:37:27
Print Post

In reply to a post by woodlander:
I'm posting for a friend who currently has no broadband access.

He returned from holiday to find that PlusNet had cut off his phone and broadband account for no reason. They have now explained that this was due to human error, in that an action intended for a different user's account had been erroneously applied to my friend's account.

The phone service has been restored but PlusNet are saying it will take two weeks!! for them to get BT Open Reach to get to their cabinet and reconnect broadband.

Are there any escalation routes that I can advise my friend to try, to try and get this cock-up fixed sooner?

Thanks in advance for any advice that can be offered.
Personally if i were your friend i would of moved both services away from plusnot, had it of happened to me, as for any remaining contract period,they would of broken their side of it ,And would be left whistling for it

The 2 weeks isn't good enough in this case, And they are unlikely to pay much in the way of compensation at the most a refund for the length of time they are without service, not really compensation is it, and thus why they don't learn from their mistakes

Edited by tommy45 (Sat 12-Sep-15 15:54:32)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sat 12-Sep-15 14:11:43
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

You could potentially insist that an expedited install be arranged by PlusNet at their own cost

I would have hoped for Plusnet to have gone down that route due to the fact they created the problem, I would guess that not many members of the general public will be aware of expedited installations.

plusnet user
Standard User ggremlin
(experienced) Sat 12-Sep-15 16:36:38
Print Post

is it a fibre based connection? if so what does this checker
http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.Teleph...
say about jumpers?
Standard User woodlander
(newbie) Sat 12-Sep-15 17:01:31
Print Post

[re: ggremlin] [link to this post]

There is this entry for the line on dslchecker.bt.com.

As per Mr Saffron's comment I presume this means that insisting on 'expedited install' now would not help??!!

"This line has left in jumpers from previously stopped service. There is an open order on your line due to complete by 24 Sep 2015"
Standard User btbert
(committed) Sat 12-Sep-15 22:04:57
Print Post

Rubbish ! the cab jumpers will still be in place !

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2420497773.png
Standard User btbert
(committed) Sat 12-Sep-15 22:16:14
Print Post

[re: btbert] [link to this post]

Very very unlikey to have the port reused so quick.OP should tell his SP to sort this out ASAP.

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2420497773.png
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 12-Sep-15 23:10:53
Print Post

[re: btbert] [link to this post]

Can an existing order be expedited though Bert? I think what Andrew is saying is that seeing as the order on the line exists it would need to be cancelled and an expedited order placed. Which at this stage could possibly cause problems.

Particularly with the chaotic state of Plusnet's ordering team at the moment. They are cocking up several bog standard orders per week at the moment. This thread being a sort of example.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59999/14372kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Sun 13-Sep-15 09:07:15)

ISP Representative merula
(isp) Sun 13-Sep-15 09:03:59
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Any live order can be expedited (in fact the order needs to be running and committed BEFORE it can be)
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to