General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User normcall
(committed) Sat 12-Sep-15 17:04:24
Print Post

Can I get fibre?

[link to this post]

Looking to move and the property has no working phone. Just 3 properties (all next to each other) in post code and all three lines come across the field together.
The BT checker says the other two can have fibre, it says the property we are interested in does exist but don't know if Fibre can be provided.
It used to be a Talk Talk line, so I asked them. Naturally they say fibre is not available.
Then I tried BT openreach and surprise surprise, all three can have fibre.
Is it just no working phone means until one is installed, dial up might work or that is the time when all will become clear - but, of course, you can't order something that does not exist.

What have I missed?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 12-Sep-15 17:16:28
Print Post

Re: Can I get fibre?

[re: normcall] [link to this post]

Are uou checking using house number, address and postcode?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User normcall
(committed) Sat 12-Sep-15 17:36:03
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

It's a house name and putting in the post code, get a choice of all properties. Two come with with fibre available and the third just says:
Your address has been successfully matched; however we cannot determine ADSL availability at this address. Please try the Telephone Number or Postcode Checker.
No phone number and post code says ADSL2 but does come from Swadlincote exchange cabinet 23 (same as the other two properties.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 12-Sep-15 17:39:02
Print Post

With the cannot determine, it just means computer is saying not sure, so needs retailer to put in a manual check request usually.

If they had FTTC previously then most likely will resolve once any cease orders have completed.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User normcall
(committed) Sat 12-Sep-15 17:42:58
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

One of the other properties was complaining that his broadband was very slow, but I didn't ask if he had fibre or not.
If/when we exchange, I'll have another go.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 12-Sep-15 18:28:55
Print Post

What FTTC estimates does it give for the other two?

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59999/14372kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User normcall
(committed) Sat 12-Sep-15 21:09:42
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

FTTC Range A (Clean) 48.7 33.8 10.1 6.4 -- Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted) 40.3 24.1 10.1 5 -- Available
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 12-Sep-15 23:06:01
Print Post

So you should be fine for decent speeds once the order side is sorted, and either the neighbour has a poor wireless setup, or poor house wiring, or some sort of fault.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59999/14372kbps @ 600m. - BQM
  Print Thread

Jump to