General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Collierandco
(newbie) Fri 25-Sep-15 13:34:09
Print Post

Awful Business service

[link to this post]

I have had an awful service from TalkTalk business and are costing me money! Yesterday my router started playing up at my business and has completely left me with no service today and now they are sending a new router which takes up to 5 days! I run a busy estate agents and rely on online services and this is going to cost me more than what I pay them yearly!

I would not recommend and as soon as my contract is up I will be leaving straight away even if I was offered a discounted rate!

Awful.
Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 25-Sep-15 13:39:31
Print Post

Re: Awful Business service

[re: Collierandco] [link to this post]

As a business which relies on having broadband you should have a backup in place. What is that backup? One possibility would be 4G. If lack of a router is your problem what is to stop you purchasing one rather than relying on your ISP? You could purchase one that can falls back to 4G if the primary service fails.
Standard User Collierandco
(newbie) Fri 25-Sep-15 13:47:06
Print Post

That's all well and good but when you are promised a service which you are paying money for every month why should I need a back up if they are promising me there service.

The service I have received is awful.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 25-Sep-15 13:56:06
Print Post

While I understand your frustration, I don't understand why you don't have backups in place... wether this be a router... 3/4G device or another line... specially when you consider the income of your business and its reliance on internet connectivity...

However I also agree that TalkTalk should be next day-ing a replacement router to you as your a business and 2nd class post is unacceptable.

Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 25-Sep-15 14:01:31
Print Post

In reply to a post by Collierandco:
That's all well and good but when you are promised a service which you are paying money for every month why should I need a back up if they are promising me there service.

The service I have received is awful.
You may well be rightly frustrated but it is your responsibility to ensure that your company has adequate backups for essential services. What SLA do you have with TalkTalk Business? If none then you should consider using an ISP that provides an appropriate SLA.
Standard User AdrianPH
(learned) Fri 25-Sep-15 14:04:32
Print Post

You are running a business, you need a connection, YOU should have a backup/ spare router available.

Equipment can fail and that is hardly the fault of the ISP. You only have one phone, one PC ?

If a connection is vital to you, it is up to you to make sure you have backup cover for situations like this. Get an extra phone line and a second ISP or get 3G/4G backup in place.

What happens in a power cut ? Do you have UPS protection to keep you connected or do you curl up and cry?
Standard User keith969
(regular) Fri 25-Sep-15 14:08:46
Print Post

You get what you pay for, in my previous house I had both Virgin cable but also BT as backup. Since moving I can't get cable so stuck with BT and have not had any downtime in the last 6 years (apart from when we had a power cut - which was not their fault).

I'm sure you must have insurance as a business - consider a backup as insurance too.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 25-Sep-15 14:27:25
Print Post

In reply to a post by Collierandco:
I have had an awful service from TalkTalk business and are costing me money! Yesterday my router started playing up at my business and has completely left me with no service today and now they are sending a new router which takes up to 5 days! I run a busy estate agents and rely on online services and this is going to cost me more than what I pay them yearly!

I would not recommend and as soon as my contract is up I will be leaving straight away even if I was offered a discounted rate!

Awful.

LOL! What do you expect TTB to do? Send someone around personally with your new router & have it delivered within 2 hours? I suggest you pop over to your nearest PC world/currys today and pick up any half decent router - Asus or Netgear are both good. You can use ANY ADSL2+ (if thats what you have) router on a TTB line & usually no line authentication is required.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
TalkTalk Business Fibre 79999/20000 kbps