General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 26-Oct-15 10:16:59
Print Post

I think Sky's played a dirty trick!

[link to this post]

So I recently placed an order for TalkTalk to take a Sky line over, this was due to start gpoing through tomorrow and done on Wednesday,

Just had an email to say that TalkTalk couldn't get the number from Sky and that the order is now cancelled!

However I was told by the customer that Sky rang them during the week to offer them a new deal, Sky said they would call back on Saturday to let the customer have some time to discuss the offer with myself and also think about it.

Sky didn't call and by the looks of thing might have done something to prevent the order, the only other thing I can think is the number can't be ported out from Sky which is going to cause some concern for the customer.

Has anyone any knowledge of number porting between Sky and TalkTalk an issue?
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 26-Oct-15 10:48:30
Print Post

Re: I think Sky's played a dirty trick!

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

Well, can't get through to TalkTalk and Sky are refusing access to the account as the password hasn't been set correctly!

I'm going to make some official complaints about Sky as in the last 2 weeks they have taken a moderately happy customer and completely [censored] them off...

Worst part is that the customer is more [censored] off at Sky than TalkTalk and potentially they lost all his details.... now thats saying something!
Standard User Skilty
(regular) Mon 26-Oct-15 11:16:21
Print Post

For some reason moving from Sky LLU seems to be problematic. I spoke to a reseller for TalkTalk Business recently and I would have to be ported back onto ADSL, wait the 10 days before they can then push me back to fibre.

So if I do move from Sky it will be a new line as I work from home and can't afford 3 weeks without "proper" internet!

plusnet Unlimited Fibre (FTTC) > Sky Fibre Pro Unlimited. 15ms Ping, Sync ~ 68.93/18.83Mbps

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 26-Oct-15 11:31:16
Print Post

[re: Skilty] [link to this post]

This order was ADSL > ADSL...

The problem now is the customer has lost all faith in Sky, But also WILL NOT be willing to give up their "originally BT" phone number!
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Mon 26-Oct-15 13:04:04
Print Post

In reply to a post by mlmclaren:
Well, can't get through to TalkTalk and Sky are refusing access to the account as the password hasn't been set correctly!

I'm going to make some official complaints about Sky as in the last 2 weeks they have taken a moderately happy customer and completely [censored] them off...

Worst part is that the customer is more [censored] off at Sky than TalkTalk and potentially they lost all his details.... now that's saying something!
Was the number issued by sky or was it issued by bt prior to joining sly ?

Edited by tommy45 (Mon 26-Oct-15 13:04:38)

Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 26-Oct-15 13:09:34
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

Issued by BT prior to Sky!
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Mon 26-Oct-15 13:23:26
Print Post

I recently tried to migrate to TT from BT and TT claimed they couldn't move the number so I would need a new line. BT said there was no reason they couldn't take the number, so I think it's a TT problem.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 26-Oct-15 13:26:26
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I moved from Sky to TalkTalk and kept my number without issue.

Oliver.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Mon 26-Oct-15 13:29:00
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Was it a BT number originally?
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 26-Oct-15 13:30:27
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]