General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Civetta
(newbie) Tue 22-Dec-15 08:11:07
Print Post

My BT Infinity XMAS nightmare

[link to this post]

Hi all,

Could any of you offer me some of your collective wisdom on my BT Infinity fault which has turned into a very unfunny version of Groundhog Day (actually lasts longer than a day)?

I ordered BT Infinity 1 with BT TV and the activation date was 26/11/15. All seemed to go well, messages received that all services were activated, returned from work and the BT Hub had a flashing b with an orange light. Fault was reported to BT the following day.

Since then I have had 3 OR engineer visits to my property, who have all informed me that there is a faulty fibre port at the cabinet. There are no spare fibre ports at the cabinet and that OR has no spare fibre ports to replace the faulty one. OR then leaves with a promise that OR will work on this and a job is out for a Lums engineer (?).

Without going through the whole torturous customer call centre routine, I am then promised that OR will be working on the problem with a date for the work to be completed. This date comes and goes with no repair to the fault and I then end up with a further OR engineer visit to my property who tells me the same as the first engineer. I have asked for BT to cancel the contract without penalty to me and to refund the money for the services that have not been provided. They refuse to do this!!!

Thanks
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 22-Dec-15 09:27:39
Print Post

Re: My BT Infinity XMAS nightmare

[re: Civetta] [link to this post]

Which exchange and cabinet?
Standard User Civetta
(newbie) Tue 22-Dec-15 10:26:19
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Hi Ribble,

The exchange is Wilmslow, cabinet number 10.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 22-Dec-15 10:48:20
Print Post

The line card in the cab is going to be changed and see if that resolves the issue. Should be today.
Standard User Civetta
(newbie) Tue 22-Dec-15 16:30:23
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Well this nightmare before Christmas is over.

My thanks to Ribble for the information, it proved to be spot on, returned home to a glowing blue light!!!
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 23-Dec-15 00:30:37
Print Post

Enjoy! smile

You'd better email Santa about him urgently.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM
  Print Thread

Jump to