General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 04-Feb-16 13:22:36
Print Post

BT Broadband prices

[link to this post]

Can anyone see, going through their website, including the T & Cs, what happens to the broadband price at the end of the 12-month contract? I can't.

There is a set of numbered footnotes about non-offer prices at one point, but no corresponding numbers that I can see in the meat of the pages. The broadband prices all have a small red triangle which appears to refer to that list.

Even finding the T & Cs is remarkably difficult.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59504/15641kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Thu 04-Feb-16 13:23:01)

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 04-Feb-16 13:33:31
Print Post

Re: BT Broadband prices

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

BT are often poor at displaying this information. Anyway, if you visit here: http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broad...

Scroll to near the bottom and click "> Offers"

There's still confusion in there though, e.g. "Price from month 13 currently: £18 a month. Current non-offer price: £13 a month."

Eh?

Oliver.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 04-Feb-16 13:48:44
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Harrumph!

I went to the Offers link after reading your first two lines. The oddity that you mention afterwards jumped out at me as well.

They are certainly not sticking to the spirit of ASA requirements, even if they are to the letter. That section is well hidden and is complex small print.

Have you found the T & Cs yet? wink.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 04-Feb-16 13:55:14
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Have you found the T & Cs yet? wink.

Very bottom of page, "T&C" then the "At Home" tab.

Oliver.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 04-Feb-16 14:01:58
Print Post

Quite. Remarkably difficult. I found the by scrolling down to the bottom and finding the link there, having initially gone straight to the obvious "Broadband and Internet Services link".

If you click a link on a page to something it should default to the correct data relevant to the page. In this case the appropriate tab.

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 04-Feb-16 14:10:52
Print Post

Agreed. The T&C link on the consumer area of the BT website should take the user straight to the consumer T&C, not the business T&C.

I'm not sure if clearly displaying prices after the introductory period is part of any new regulation, but it should be.

Oliver.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 04-Feb-16 14:23:06
Print Post

On BT pricing the offer prices apply for the term of the minimum contract

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 04-Feb-16 14:54:43
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
On BT pricing the offer prices apply for the term of the minimum contract

Yes, but eventually the minimum contract ends, so the standard pricing should be easier to find. Ideally regulations should state the standard pricing should be placed near the offer price.

Oliver.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 04-Feb-16 15:29:40
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

That's the point. Finding the prices that will apply at the end of the offer period.

Standard User Michael_Chare
(experienced) Thu 04-Feb-16 17:33:07
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
That's the point. Finding the prices that will apply at the end of the offer period.
AIUI, the sensible approach is to ring the BT retention staff about a month before the contract ends. The offer you get will depend on the competition where the service is provided. It is a system that favours those (few?) who can be bothered to switch suppliers.

Michael Chare
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to