General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User woodmass14
(member) Wed 24-Feb-16 11:29:31
Print Post

ABinternet question.

[link to this post]

Good morning all.

Was just wondering if anyone on the forum has used this company for there broadband and if so was it reliable?

according to their site i can get 50 down and 10up with their wireless broadband, a lot better than im currently getting 7 down and .8 up. Also a lot more expensive but im willing to pay.

Thankyou
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 24-Feb-16 11:37:39
Print Post

Re: ABinternet question.

[re: woodmass14] [link to this post]

Do a search for "ab internet" on here for "All posts" and there are a few - one of which was a similar question raised this time last year - and no-one seemed to have really heard of them. The users was Irby but looks like they didn't go with them as when they asked for the service they were told they would only actually get 10Mb.
Standard User woodmass14
(member) Wed 24-Feb-16 11:47:09
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Hi Ian thanks for the quick reply.

I have already done a search for them but only came up with a few posts and none really answered the question.

Was really just wondering if anyone has used their service or currently with them to see how reliable their service is.

What worries me is getting into contract, paying for equipment costs and the speed fluctuating all over the place in bad weather, or if anyone has used a wireless internet provider at all.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 24-Feb-16 12:40:52
Print Post

It was kind of why I pointed to the search. The only time they come up is when people are asking the same question as you are and no-one has ever said they know anything about them. I suspect you will get the same level of response now I'm afraid.
Standard User woodmass14
(member) Wed 24-Feb-16 12:57:39
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Yeah i guess your right frown shame really as this could be a fix to my slower broadband.

Thanks anyhow Ian.
Standard User Deadbeat
(knowledge is power) Wed 24-Feb-16 13:23:42
Print Post

I'm pretty sure that there have been users of other wireless providers on here.

Got a function?
We've got it covered!
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 24-Feb-16 13:34:01
Print Post

In reply to a post by woodmass14:
.... or if anyone has used a wireless internet provider at all.

Back in 2005/2006 living in rural Kent I signed up to Telabria who installed a small wimax antenna on my roof. This gave me a rock solid 3 meg down /0.5 Meg broadband which was a luxury considering my BT line could only support 0.5 meg. Unfortunately Telabria went tits up a few years later and were taken over by vfast (aka Orbital). The level of service wasn't quite the same with vfast so ditched them and went back to copper based ADSLx with UKOnline (RIP). My advice would be to ask ABinternet what speeds you can expect at your address and if you can leave penalty free if they fail to provide the service you are paying for.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
TalkTalk Business Fibre 80000/19999 kbps