General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User essdee
(member) Wed 02-Mar-16 11:13:25
Print Post

New line installation preparations

[link to this post]

I'm going to be getting a second line installed and was wondering if anybody knew what site preparations OR engineers will make use of.

There's two pairs to the building so I don't anticipate the need to run any new cables. Although the second pair used to have two voice lines on it (both of which have long since been ceased) and so currently has a DACS attached; which I expect can simply get removed?

I want the new master socket to be installed adjacent to that used for the main voice/broadband line - this is located where the cable enters the building. But I'd prefer not to have the new NTE surface mounted with a cable on the wall between them.

If I were to sink a 35mm single gang flush mount back box next to the existing master socket (which is already flush mounted) and put in a buried conduit between the two back boxes, would the OR chap make use of it?

I asked the ISP the same question and they basicallty said it would be at the discretion of the engineer.

Would it be routine, need extra biscuits or strictly against the rules?

AAISP BT FTTC 80/20
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Wed 02-Mar-16 11:25:24
Print Post

Re: New line installation preparations

[re: essdee] [link to this post]

That is often what is done in new builds with the box and CW1308 cable in place for BT to connect to. In your case there is still the technicians discretion as to whether it is suitable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 02-Mar-16 11:30:20
Print Post

Are you going to order a simultaneous provide, with a second FTTC? That could give a problem with the VDSL2 faceplate.

Depending on the ISP ordering the FTTC after the line is installed would possibly be a self-install so you could then use a dangly filter. What is your existing setup regarding this?

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59504/15641kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 02-Mar-16 11:31:31
Print Post

If you have done all that I'd be 99% sure the installer would be more than happy to use your suggestion.

I would. smile

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 02-Mar-16 11:40:51
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Even without Fig Newtons?

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Standard User essdee
(member) Wed 02-Mar-16 11:45:05
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Are you going to order a simultaneous provide, with a second FTTC? That could give a problem with the VDSL2 faceplate.

Depending on the ISP ordering the FTTC after the line is installed would possibly be a self-install so you could then use a dangly filter. What is your existing setup regarding this?

It's supposed to be a simultaneous provide but the FTTC is wires-only. I was notified of a second date for installation this morning, though, which I need to check whether that's a re-schedule or if I'm looking at one date for the line and another for the FTTC (or maybe one date for DACS removal and one for the installation perhaps?).

The existing line is an engineer install with a VDSL2 faceplate.

AAISP BT FTTC 80/20
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 02-Mar-16 12:20:30
Print Post

That fits on a flush NTE5 then? If so no problem anyway.

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 02-Mar-16 12:45:37
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Even without Fig Newtons?

Awww Bob, you've revealed my Kryptonite to the entire t'interweb !

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 02-Mar-16 12:48:02
Print Post

or maybe one date for DACS removal and one for the installation perhaps?

But the DACS is long since out of service isn't it ? Therefore there'll be no record of it, and hence no order raised for its removal.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 02-Mar-16 12:59:18
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

He may mistakenly think that line will be used, but we expect it will be the second pair in his current one.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to