General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 69bertie
(regular) Sat 26-Mar-16 07:25:23
Print Post

Interesting spat over Openreach performance

[link to this post]

From BBC news Talk talk reckon that Openreach missed appointment level is costing them (and their customers).

Reading the article, one big surprise is that Openreach isn't obligated to divulge it's missed appointment level. Maybe it is time the government legislated so that ALL companies have to do this.

Having had a few OR missed appts over the years I know the feeling when no one shows. And then there is the wait (phone calls etc) to find out what the hell is happening. Then another day off........

And let's have automatic payments to customers when no one shows. £50 per occasion sounds about right.

Standard User brandscill
(experienced) Sat 26-Mar-16 08:27:42
Print Post

Re: Interesting spat over Openreach performance

[re: 69bertie] [link to this post]

Okay TalkTalk say this is a problem, but how can they justify keeping 100% of the £56 compensation they get? Logistical costs don't really stack up.

Plus Net - 40/20
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 26-Mar-16 11:48:01
Print Post

Let's have automatic payments to engineers when customers aren't in for appointments as well then.

Pfftt.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Bryer
(experienced) Sat 26-Mar-16 11:54:00
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
Let's have automatic payments to engineers when customers aren't in for appointments as well then.

Pfftt.

To be fair 75% of the complaint's I deal with are that Openreach changed the appointment from PM to AM without notification to the customer, hence why they missed it. #2cents
Standard User brandscill
(experienced) Sat 26-Mar-16 17:47:02
Print Post

Out of interest does an engineer lose out (financially) if a customer isn't home?

Plus Net - 40/20
Standard User lee111s
(committed) Sat 26-Mar-16 18:40:19
Print Post

[re: brandscill] [link to this post]

No.

I don't believe engineers have bonus based on how many faults of provisions are completed.
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Sun 27-Mar-16 00:28:08
Print Post

The recent evidence to DCMS was that there are 1,000 "multiple missed appointments" per week, out of nearly 200,000. These are where the end user has just been missed for a second time, or more. 0.5%.

I calculated that this could mean a maximum "single missed appointment" rate of 7%.

Elsewhere, I saw a report of 5.6% as the rate. I'm not sure if this was through OTA2.
Standard User RuralWire
(newbie) Sun 27-Mar-16 08:51:22
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

@WWWombat

The transcript of the evidence given by Gavin Patterson and Kim Mears includes a footnote about the number of multiple missed appointments. The footnote is as follows.

"The figure of 1,000 multiple missed appointments for last week given by BT was said in error. The actual number for the previous week had been far lower: 171 out of a total of 102k engineering appointments, which represented just 0.17 per cent of the total."
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sun 27-Mar-16 16:40:25
Print Post

doesnt matter you still get paid if they in or not tongue

the talktalk situation is because ofcom refuse to regulate at retail level. Hence retail isp's abusing the system.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4
Standard User project_x_uk
(committed) Sun 27-Mar-16 21:59:25
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Definitely think engineers should get compensation nothing worse having travelled for hours to get there and find nobody is home. It happens more often than you would think
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to