General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User oathy03
(newbie) Thu 21-Apr-16 23:11:09
Print Post

Two properties in one. BT Openreach issue.

[link to this post]

We've just moved into a new house. It was a semi detached bungalow that's been adapted into one. All the services like Gas etc are on one meter we were assured the phone was the same. BT openreach came out today and got the phone line working for SKY. but they found out one side of the property had its own phone line. He refused to make it active and it means 3 sky boxes have no phone line and this entire part of the house still doesn't have a phone.

Was he right in refusing to do this please?
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Thu 21-Apr-16 23:17:46
Print Post

Re: Two properties in one. BT Openreach issue.

[re: oathy03] [link to this post]

Surely if you had ordered a single line it shouldn't have been too surprising for only one line to be activated. You either need to rearrange your internal wiring so that it all connects to the live line or order a second BT line/connection for the second circuit.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 22-Apr-16 07:31:32
Print Post

Was he right in refusing to do this please?

Entirely right. The provision task the engineer had received would have had a section marked 'TRC banding' this being the amount of time the CP (Sky) had agreed to pay for additional work, if required, at the customers property.

Very common indeed for there to be no agreed TRC banding on these tasks.

What you were requesting was for the installed to fit additional cabling to make what was previously a completely separate line an extension. Above and beyond, and then some.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Fri 22-Apr-16 07:53:47
Print Post

All BT have to do is ensure the master socket is working. The extensions are entirely your job, or you can pay extra for BT to install some.

I would get a WiFi router, a couple of WiFi extenders if needed and a cordless wireless landline from Argos or somewhere. The range is good on cordless landlines, I think it'll cover.
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Fri 22-Apr-16 07:53:47
Print Post

Re: Two properties in one. BT Openreach issue. *DELETED*

Post deleted by ukhardy07
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 22-Apr-16 09:15:14
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Plus a cheapo corded landline phone for standby and diagnostics.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59546/15321kbps @ 600m. - BQM
  Print Thread

Jump to