General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Shlonger
(learned) Fri 20-May-16 20:26:07
Print Post

Openreach Employment 2

[link to this post]

Hi Guys,

This is a continuation of the thread 'Openreach Employment'. It's is hoped that those people either waiting to start or have started their employment with BT Openreach can ask or pass on any relevant information. Many thanks to all those who posted valuable information previously.

Non Crapito Suum Januum - Never Spit on Your own Doorstep
Standard User jajo
(newbie) Sat 21-May-16 07:43:10
Print Post

Re: Openreach Employment 2

[re: Shlonger] [link to this post]

Any advice regards driving with AA assessor ??
Standard User CJT
(experienced) Sat 21-May-16 08:16:43
Print Post

[re: jajo] [link to this post]

I am a little unsure what that has to do with working for OpenReach....

CJT.

On Aquiss 80/20 - Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ApuChunk
(learned) Sat 21-May-16 08:46:44
Print Post

If it's anything like the one I did for my current job, it's just a video,some form filling and then a steady drive around to make sure you arent a maniac basically. Nothing to worry about.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 21-May-16 09:24:29
Print Post

[re: CJT] [link to this post]

Given many employees drive a van on their own, probably want to assess driving

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User DanJC
(regular) Sat 21-May-16 10:59:46
Print Post

[re: CJT] [link to this post]

You have to go through driving assessment whilst on your first week of training with openreach.

It's nothing really, some basic classroom stuff in the morning and then out in twos with someone from AA, if you can drive you're fine!
One lad didn't pass out of 40+ on our training week (don't know what the hell he did to not pass) but because of that, he never got a van on the Friday and had to be given a lift home!
Standard User jajo
(newbie) Sat 21-May-16 12:51:24
Print Post

[re: DanJC] [link to this post]

Hi Dan

Thank You so much for replay!

Are You already start the job?

Ps I send You PM

Edited by jajo (Sat 21-May-16 12:56:29)

Standard User DanJC
(regular) Sat 21-May-16 14:37:22
Print Post

I've sent you a PM back Jajo.
Standard User kar87
(regular) Mon 23-May-16 14:12:19
Print Post

[re: Shlonger] [link to this post]

Have you received your contract yet? I'm still waiting, if i haven't heard by today i've to drop her an email tomorrow.

Dan, the whole driving assessment, is it like your driving test? I've never driven a van however used to bigger cars....just hope it not like my driving test all over again lol. When you say in pairs, is the other person in the car with you when driving?
Standard User Shlonger
(learned) Mon 23-May-16 14:34:40
Print Post

[re: kar87] [link to this post]

Hi Kar87,

Same as you, still no contract through at the moment? Mind you, the person who rang me up with the offer of employment did say I would'nt hear anything until a month before the start date and not to hand any notice in until such time. It still leaves an element of doubt that the start date could be postponed, however, I will try and remain positive and that the start date will be as they said it will be.

Non Crapito Suum Januum - Never Spit on Your own Doorstep
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to