General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User woodmass14
(member) Thu 26-May-16 21:11:03
Print Post

All in one cabinets?

[link to this post]

Hi all.
Openreach have just installed an all in one cab at the very edge of my local village. (The road to my home out in the sticks) I assumed these were for exchange only lines but my understanding is that no one in that area are on exchange only lines. My reasoning for that is i done some research before moving to my home and codelook.

Are there any other reason other than EO lines for installing a all in one cabinet?

To add this cabinet is about 2500m so don't think it will benefit me in any way.

Thanks
Standard User lee111s
(committed) Thu 26-May-16 21:18:00
Print Post

Re: All in one cabinets?

[re: woodmass14] [link to this post]

As far as I know, they're only to convert people from EO lines.

Codelook isn'f 100% accurate. It has no data at all for a whole cabinet on my exchange (a cabinet which is not even close to being new). It simply doesn't appear on codelook at all.
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 26-May-16 21:18:07
Print Post

What is your exchange?

Paul

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User woodmass14
(member) Thu 26-May-16 21:23:36
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Its the WSLON exchange in lochmaben.

There are people on exchange only lines on this exchange but they're at the opposite side of the village according to codelook but i might be wrong in thinking that there is no one around that area on EO lines.
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 26-May-16 21:24:27
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lee111s:
As far as I know, they're only to convert people from EO lines.

Well in some cases I have seen in places out in the sticks that where an all in one cabinet has been installed which was mostly for EO Lines, I have also seen other lines that was originally on a completely different cabinet that was too far from their own, get moved over to the new all in one where they was able to get fibre.

So in most cases All in One Cabinets are for EO Lines, but they can also be used for lines from other cabinets that are too far from them to get fibre.

Paul
Standard User woodmass14
(member) Thu 26-May-16 21:28:57
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

I'm probably mistaken then. I assumed there was no one on EO lines in that part of town. i know for certain that most of us outside the village are connected to cab 1 so figured they were to. My bad :/
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 26-May-16 21:44:08
Print Post

In reply to a post by woodmass14:
Its the WSLON exchange in lochmaben.

There are people on exchange only lines on this exchange but they're at the opposite side of the village according to codelook but i might be wrong in thinking that there is no one around that area on EO lines.
We I never go by where it says the locations are on codelook due to they are mostly wrong.
I can see there are 5 EO cabinets going in where as 2 are due last quarter this year and 3 due first quarter next year.

So that will leave 8 Blocks EO Line to be done.
And Cabinets 4 and 6 are due second and third quarters this year.

I can see some postcodes that are possibly being moved to the new all in ones...

[Cabinet E_1]
DG11 1RS
DG11 1RT

[Cabinet E_8]
DG11 1RP

[Cabinet E_9]
DG11 1RR

And going by how many addresses are on each of those postcodes I think they will be small cabinets, or possibly move out of reach areas near where those all in ones get placed.

I know that's a very small Exchange due to it only handles about 1400 -1500 lines.

Paul
Standard User woodmass14
(member) Thu 26-May-16 22:00:12
Print Post

The postcodes you stated are nowhere near the cab but like you said codelook is mostly wrong. Have only used codelook a couple of times and don't know it very well so your probably right

Thanks for taking a look!
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 26-May-16 22:07:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by woodmass14:
The postcodes you stated are nowhere near the cab but like you said codelook is mostly wrong. Have only used codelook a couple of times and don't know it very well so your probably right

Thanks for taking a look!
Also if its a BDUK Upgrade then the All in One Cabinets doesn't always mean they get placed near their those areas, with BDUK All in One Cabinets they have most of the times been placed outside the actual exchange for ease and cost, so in some cases they might be no way near the actual postcodes they are to handle.

Paul
Standard User ggremlin
(experienced) Thu 26-May-16 22:16:39
Print Post

We I never go by where it says the locations are on codelook due to they are mostly wrong.
apparently cabinet locations on mouselike.org are much more reliable wink
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to