General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User woodroyd
(member) Thu 23-Jun-16 10:18:10
Print Post

New Smart HUb

[link to this post]

Getting my new Smart Hub today after persuading BT to give me a free one. I had to accept a slight increase and forgo the special price that they had offered for a 24month contract.
The chap at Options was pretty good and signed me up for a 12 month contract that became 18 months when I got the confirmation email.
Had a bit of a moan again to BT who added a note on my contract that if I wished I could leave after 12 months.
The point of this ramble is that I want to make a note of the statistics on my current HH5 type A before I hook up the new one.
Apart from the down and upload speeds, what else would you suggest that I note.
There are bound to be problems, there always are with new gear, so I want plenty of ammo, just in case.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Thu 23-Jun-16 11:23:32
Print Post

Re: New Smart HUb

[re: woodroyd] [link to this post]

Noise margin and attenuation. Why not just copy everything at troubleshooting>helpdesk?

Use the Ginp Formula to determine if your vdsl2 connection is with or without G.INP.
Divide your IP Profile by your Sync Speed and the answer is 0.9669 (with) or 0.9679 (without)
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Thu 23-Jun-16 11:46:08
Print Post

Just take screen shots of all the appropriate pages ... do it now, then in an hour or so - it will show the differences in cumulative errors (if available) and then immediately before changeover.

If it was me, I would get the stats now, at 14:00, at 17:00 (once kids are home), 22:00 (late evening), 07:00 (tomorrow morning) and just before a changeover at 09:00. Then repeat with the new hub.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User epyon
(experienced) Thu 23-Jun-16 19:33:29
Print Post

Wireless is very nice

some users are reporting lowered sync rate

i've not seen this so far myself though probably just to close to the cab.

BT Infinity 2 - 80/20
BT Infinity 2 Speedtest *Smart Hub*
BT Mobile - 4G
BT Mobile 4G Speedtest *Huawei PLK-L01*
  Print Thread

Jump to