General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User caffn8me
(knowledge is power) Wed 14-Sep-16 01:03:50
Print Post

BT Bandits

[link to this post]

One of the businesses I've worked with for many years was sold recently. I've known the new owner for years as well so have been sorting a few things out since the changeover. Today I went in to do some work on the CCTV system.

I discovered not one but two BT Business Hub 5s. The original, that's been there for ages, and a new one that wasn't there last week.

When I asked why, I was told that when they asked BT to transfer the telephone lines to the new owners they were told they would need broadband on both lines shocked

The second BT hub is not connected to anything - except Infinity 2. There are no clients that connect to it wirelessly or via ethernet. It syncs at 80/20 - as does the other one.

It's a complete waste of money.

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

Spiders on coffee - Badass spiders on drugs

Edited by caffn8me (Wed 14-Sep-16 01:09:30)

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Wed 14-Sep-16 08:04:31
Print Post

Re: BT Bandits

[re: caffn8me] [link to this post]

Was it BT Business or one of their Local Partnerships (or Local Business)? I have had a few dealings with the latter and they are awful - trying to sell what is not needed, bad advice and more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 14-Sep-16 08:15:35
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

Maybe BT said they would give free installation if they took broadband and there was a misunderstanding that it meant they must have broadband?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User caffn8me
(knowledge is power) Wed 14-Sep-16 11:23:19
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

It was BT Business direct.

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

Standard User caffn8me
(knowledge is power) Wed 14-Sep-16 11:24:50
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

No installation required. There were two working lines, one with broadband, and it was just a change of billing. I think it was a sales person getting carried away.

Sarah

--

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Wed 14-Sep-16 12:29:18
Print Post

[re: caffn8me] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by caffn8me:
No installation required. There were two working lines, one with broadband, and it was just a change of billing. I think it was a sales person getting carried away.

You are probably right on that or just confusion between the two parties. It may well be worth them calling BT again and explaining - there will be a recording of the call and BT can listen to it to see if it was mis-sold or the adviser mis-directed them. I have always found them "understanding" and will to react on this sort of case.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
  Print Thread

Jump to