General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Malwaremike
(committed) Fri 30-Sep-16 11:24:16
Print Post

Line and BB package pricing

[link to this post]

I seem to recall reading that ISPs will have to offer an all-in-one package price rather than separate pricing for line rental, or something on these lines. Can anyone give me a reference, please?
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Fri 30-Sep-16 14:27:27
Print Post

Re: Line and BB package pricing

[re: Malwaremike] [link to this post]

https://www.asa.org.uk/News-resources/Media-Centre/2...

http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/market-data-researc...

plusnet user
Standard User Malwaremike
(committed) Fri 30-Sep-16 17:42:06
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

Just what I have been searching for. Thank you!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User knicol46
(learned) Fri 30-Sep-16 18:27:25
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

Those companies that wait until the deadline date of 31 Oct 2016 to change their advertising just bare that in mind. they probably spending the time trying to confuse customers even more and trying to work round the ASA rules instead of just displaying all true costs. Every company should have to display a simple box that shows what the deal includes, the contract period and total cost for that period you will have to pay once you sign this contract (inclusive of all costs that are mandatory) this simplifies trying to work out the best deal - just search for what you need then compare costs against customer service etc.
Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Mon 03-Oct-16 10:34:49
Print Post

[re: Malwaremike] [link to this post]

There is an exception to the new rules and that is if you DO NOT have to have a phone line and broadband from the same company.
So if you had your phone line with say BT Retail already and wanted to move your broadband to another provider. if they do not require you to take their own phone line offering then they do not need to list the pricing including phone line rental (as they would not know what you are paying for the phone line)
I hope this makes sense.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User mugwumpx
(committed) Mon 03-Oct-16 17:59:29
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by vivaciti:
There is an exception to the new rules and that is if you DO NOT have to have a phone line and broadband from the same company.
So if you had your phone line with say BT Retail already and wanted to move your broadband to another provider. if they do not require you to take their own phone line offering then they do not need to list the pricing including phone line rental (as they would not know what you are paying for the phone line)
I hope this makes sense.

And that is the reason that the rules such a stupid idea. It just adds yet another pricing structure into the fray.

Totally ill thought out by a bunch of people who failed to understand the telecom/BB infrastructure setup and all the combinations that are possible between phone, line rental and BB

Mugwump

Origo Repair CD - www.origo-repair.org.uk
Routertech - A new help site for all things router & networking
  Print Thread

Jump to