General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 07-Oct-16 12:09:05
Print Post

A Question for a openreach engineer or cs staff...

[link to this post]

Hey All

Just a quick question...

How long does it take for a tag to be taken off a record and how difficult is it to get removed once the issue its linked to has been resolved.

The reason I am asking is a few of us down my road (using same hardware) had tags (i.e. build issues) put on our records which stopped our FTTP Engineer work from being done.

This was due to our Splitter Node had issues, this issue required all the fibres to be re-spliced into the correct trays which was done on the 27th September.

Now everyone else apart from me has had their build issue tag removed and have had both their external and internal work done and are all live now but us.

I am hoping its just a matter of our case handler at BT to ask for it to be removed.

Because it really sucks to see everyone else that ordered after me that also had this tag issue get resolved, installed and all go live and me just sitting here with a tag on our record that pointing to a build issue that no longer exists frown

I am due a call from my BT case hander this evening with a result, so I am hoping for good news, due to my neighbours case handlers had no issues at all and had theirs resolved within 5 mins when they spokes to openreach on the phone and had an engineer booking for a few days later, so I am hoping for the same outcome.

So any answers would be great.

Thanks

Paul
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 07-Oct-16 17:32:03
Print Post

Re: A Question for a openreach engineer or cs staff...

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Hmm, not really happy at all.

My case handler at BT phoned and told me that there is an underground build issue, yet everybody else on our Splitter Node and FibreDP that was also tagged as having the same build issue had the tag removed within 5 minutes and they also booked for an engineer at the same time.

Yet my case handler keeps being told there is still a build issue and won't remove the tag.

That underground build issue was with our splitter node that was completed on the 27th September, I know that due to I was talking the the engineers that did the work, this work was completed on the system or else my neighbours wouldn't of been able to get their removed and have their install completed.

This really sucks.

Paul
Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Fri 07-Oct-16 18:01:35
Print Post

Have you suggested your "case handler" contacts the "case handler" of yor neighbour to see what was done?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 07-Oct-16 18:24:56
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lee111s:
Have you suggested your "case handler" contacts the "case handler" of yor neighbour to see what was done?

Thanks for the reply.

Well when I told my case handler that at least one of my neighbours case handler only took 5 mins to resolve it and to also have an engineer booked, I was told they probably phone up openreach the same time as it was being removed, I am smelling a bit of bull s*** there.

One of my neighbours even had a go at openreach when they phoned them to cancel their install due to this build issue, and a few days later the engineers arrived to do their install.

I might ask my case handler to speak to that other case handler on Monday when they are due to phone next, I have asked them to keep me updated on a daily basis, which they are happy to do.

I know they said they have asked openreach to look into why it cannot be removed due to other homes using the same hardware (right up to the same FibreDP etc) that was also all tagged with the build issue before the 27th September, which have all been installed and are now all live but us.

I told them there should be no reason now that the build issue tag cannot be removed if everybody else is ok, to which they agreed, they went on to say they can only go by what they are told by openreach.

But to be honest if they are only going by what they are told by openreach then this will never get resolved.

Lets hope there is better news Monday.

Paul
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 11-Oct-16 18:26:54
Print Post

Just an update...

I received a phone call earlier today from my case handler with very good news, stating that Openreach are very sorry for all the issues and have now removed the tag on our record and have an engineer book for a couple of days time to do the external work and gave a date for next week to do the internal work.

Well that really made my day, due to all the issues so far I was expecting another issue to be told to me, so yeah I am happy of the outcome.

I am not too sure if the emails that one of my neighbours and I sent to our local MP stating the issues, I also sent emails to Gavin Patterson (CEO of BT Group) and Michael Rake (Chairman of BT) consisting of the issues still current and that email also had the contents that I sent to my local MP combined with the work the case handler at BT did.

So I am assuming this all helped to get it resolved quicker.

So after nearly 5 years we will have our FTTP order go live next week some time smile

Paul
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 11-Oct-16 19:13:01
Print Post

BT Group CEO has rarely failed. When it has, I suspect the complainer didn't handle it right.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57825/13835kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 11-Oct-16 19:52:53
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
BT Group CEO has rarely failed. When it has, I suspect the complainer didn't handle it right.

Most possible, I don't really want to point fingers.

Well I wasn't even notified that they even received my emails until last night when I was told she had been given my last (i.e. second email) email.

I was starting to think my email was being ignored until I was told about my last one last night.

I don't really want to annoy BT or openreach at the moment due to I still have to wait for the install LOL

Paul
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 11-Oct-16 20:21:28
Print Post

and Michael Rake (Chairman of BT)

ahem That's Sir Mike .... maybe that's why he hasn't replied wink

Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 11-Oct-16 20:26:10
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
and Michael Rake (Chairman of BT)

ahem That's Sir Mike .... maybe that's why he hasn't replied wink

LOL

Paul
Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Tue 11-Oct-16 20:29:50
Print Post

Praise the lord
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to