General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Fri 14-Oct-16 08:25:18
Print Post

Address Checker ...

[link to this post]

... has disappeared.

If I access the DSL Checker it takes me, as usual to the Number check option. The text did at one time have a link to the Address Checker and Postcode checker. The text for the Address has gone, the Postcode checker still works and even if I use the URL for the Address, from browser history, it fails.

Also noticed that the Openreach Where and When is not available either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Fri 14-Oct-16 08:39:56
Print Post

Re: Address Checker ...

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

Yeah I noticed this last night. Suspect some database changes/updates or something.
Standard User Toonshorty
(regular) Fri 14-Oct-16 09:29:30
Print Post

Not sure what's happened to the address checker.

The OR Where and When page has moved to http://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/OurNetwork/Su... though.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User John_Gray
(member) Fri 14-Oct-16 09:41:45
Print Post

[re: Toonshorty] [link to this post]

This morning I find that, having entered the postcode, the Address checker doesn't give a list of addresses at that postcode for selection, but the message:
"Postcode only checks will not return any result for fibre services (FTTP, FTTC:VDSL and G.fast)."

Mr Saffron: is this something which can be investigated? And is there any way of finding when fibre will be available when you have a NON-BT phone number? Thanks!

Edited by John_Gray (Fri 14-Oct-16 09:44:17)

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Fri 14-Oct-16 09:43:12
Print Post

[re: Toonshorty] [link to this post]

Thanks,

An interesting response from that site!

ACCEPTING ORDERS in highlighted and the text below states:
Your cabinet is enabled for Superfast fibre however you're not able to order fibre just yet.

This might be because the length of the line is too long to get Superfast speeds. We're actively looking at other options. If you'd like us to let you know if fibre becomes available, register your details.

As the property currently has one line with around 17Mbps - something is awry.

M H C

Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Fri 14-Oct-16 10:20:42
Print Post

There's been quite a few posts on the BT customer forums in the last few days from people saying their line no longer shows fibre available for migration purposes despite them already having FTTC with another supplier so something definitely seems to be going on with the checker databases.
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Fri 14-Oct-16 10:31:07
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

In this case the line shows availability ... however as the property returns the comment above it is not possible to order.

I have another case similar to the one you mention, a house which has FTTC on their line, albeit below the estimates - which we know are wrong (too high for line length), shows no FTTC just plain ADSL.

M H C

Standard User mrkelly
(regular) Fri 14-Oct-16 20:12:43
Print Post

This is a weird one - I've been in the process of writing a little tool to query the address checker. This morning I went to make some updates after messing with it last night, and I was getting a 404. My tool wasn't particularly aggressive, and I was using mostly locally cached responses for most of my debugging.

Hopefully the facilities come back as I've been enjoying the process of doing this, to the point where I could have achieved my objectives manually about 2 weeks ago, but I've spent all this time learning a new programming language.

Basically, the goal was to input a postcode, and get a list of the VDSL speeds for each address. We recently had a new fibre cabinet commissioned, and many of the 90 or so properties connected to it were reporting no VDSL support (including my own - just 700m from the cabinet). I wanted to generate a report of all the properties and their speeds so that I could plot them on a map, and show that there was something wrong with the data.

Last night I finally got an email back from Openreach saying that they had determined that the checker data for my property was wrong, and that it was updated and I could now order fibre (woohoo!), but it looks like a single property update, as my neighbours are still out of luck.

Cheers,

Maurice
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 14-Oct-16 20:37:32
Print Post

Well I can say its not me this time LOL.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 - 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up)
Standard User godsell4
(member) Sat 15-Oct-16 13:16:12
Print Post

I reckon this is deliberate, BTO and BDUK seem to want to keep people in the dark, it is making my life as a CFP organiser harder without this information. frown

PlusNet Unlimited Fibre 3Mb to 5Mb
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to