General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User sergiup
(newbie) Wed 02-Nov-16 10:30:10
Print Post

New phone line - not appearing in BT ADSL checker

[link to this post]

So it looks like I'm going to keep coming back with questions..!
I had a NowTV combo activated just over a week ago (Tuesday 25th). This included a new BT line.

It's been a week already, and the number still isn't recognised by BT's ADSL checker ( https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ ) nor any ISP's checker - though I suppose that's expected if BT's own checker isn't working.

Is this normal? Shouldn't the records appear within a few days? The number is ex-directory, though I'd be surprised if that makes a difference.

Thank you!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 02-Nov-16 10:37:59
Print Post

Re: New phone line - not appearing in BT ADSL checker

[re: sergiup] [link to this post]

NOWTV broadband and phone is delivered over the Sky LLU network.

Thus the BT Wholesale checker will have no visibility of the location of any telephone number, since only Sky/NOWTV know that.

So yes perfectly normal, and you would need to use the address checker option.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User sergiup
(newbie) Wed 02-Nov-16 10:44:57
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Ah... that makes sense then! For some reason I assumed it's not and that only applies to standard ADSL, which (looking back) makes no sense. My bad.
Thank you Andrew!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 02-Nov-16 10:52:33
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

As a point of interest Andrew, do you know if LLU-range numbers are automatically ex-directory? Possibly they aren't, but presumably they will be ex-BT Phone book.

Unless that is a bit like Radio Times even when it was BBC-owned. It had to show non-BBC channels.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57825/13835kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 02-Nov-16 10:53:21)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 02-Nov-16 12:04:14
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

No idea

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User kitcat
(experienced) Wed 02-Nov-16 14:35:53
Print Post

Roberto

LLU range numbers are only ex-directory if you ask for them to be, the same as BT or any other CPs number.

They sometimes take longer to get into the directory system ( as not all CPs have automated systems) but it is an Ofcom requirement that they be accessible through the system if not ex directory.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 02-Nov-16 15:59:59
Print Post

[re: kitcat] [link to this post]

Ta smile.

What about the hard-copy BT Phone book?

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57825/13835kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User kitcat
(experienced) Wed 02-Nov-16 19:03:40
Print Post

They 'should' also appear in that in due course, However there is a small ( regulated) cost to this that some CPs do not appear willing to pay.
Standard User philippercival
(knowledge is power) Thu 03-Nov-16 11:01:32
Print Post

Irrelevant. The writing in those has been getting smaller and smaller and I find they are difficult to read with both glasses and a magnifying glass, so I now only use the on line version. It does mean we have more room in the bookshelf though, for unused cook books.

Print Thread

Jump to