General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User lynruss
(newbie) Wed 28-Dec-16 16:00:07
Print Post

Timico intamail email

[link to this post]

Hi
My mum is a Timico customer with an intamail email address. Does anyone know if she will lose it by changing to another ISP?
Thanks
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Thu 29-Dec-16 00:22:34
Print Post

Re: Timico intamail email

[re: lynruss] [link to this post]

Hello

Probably, as its linked to them - maybe ask them?

To my knowledge ones like Gmail and outlook as well as ones where you have your own domain/hosting are moveable as they are independent.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 29-Dec-16 08:53:34
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

To the point where they don't "move" wink. You just access them from anywhere you like, using any ISP.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/16365Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lynruss
(newbie) Thu 29-Dec-16 11:37:16
Print Post

Thank you. I'm a Utility Warehouse distributor, I signed her up then couple of weeks later she mentions her email aaah. It's on all her business cards etc. I should have checked whether she had them really! I did phone Timico in the end they said that she could keep the email if sje pays £2.05 per month which I guess isn't too bad ☺
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 29-Dec-16 11:52:07
Print Post

[re: lynruss] [link to this post]

That's a reasonable price in the circumstances.

Outlook.com and gmail aren't impressive for a business address and a decent independent email host is likely to be over £1.50pm. Though for less than £2pm you can get webspace included.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/16365Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User NJSS
(regular) Thu 29-Dec-16 13:33:30
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

POBox.Com offer an excellent service starting at $20 US per annum; I have been using them for many years.

They are now owned by FastMail who also offer an excellent service starting at $30US p.a.

NJSS

Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Thu 29-Dec-16 14:49:18
Print Post

[re: NJSS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by NJSS:
POBox.Com offer an excellent service starting at $20 US per annum; I have been using them for many years.

They are now owned by FastMail who also offer an excellent service starting at $30US p.a.

NJSS

Why host in the US when you can host in the UK for £14,99 a year. ?
Standard User iand
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 05-Jan-17 19:06:37
Print Post

Where? I only ask as find it difficult to find a good hosting site below £40-£50 per year

IanD
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 05-Jan-17 20:04:59
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

Hosting what? How many websites, how much email, how many domains? Tsohost are reasonably priced on domain registration, and their mail/domain hosting starts at £14.99 per year. Accommodating 2 domains plus their websites and email. Fiddlable to accomodate more wink.

Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Sun 08-Jan-17 15:52:40
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

I would answer properly, but seems no point as Bob has only said what I would have said anyway (Thanks Bob!) smile
  Print Thread

Jump to