General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User rpaulepatrick1
(newbie) Sun 15-Jan-17 19:57:47
Print Post

has anyone noticed strange conections on their wifi network

[link to this post]

hi

I joined this forum just to ask one question and hopefully someone might be able to help me

has anyone ever noticed the following names '' quantum electron/quantum neutrino '' on their home wifi network, they seem to appear as distant wifi routers but where i live the nearest neighbor is too far away for it to reach my home network.
Also I have run the names on google and the only info that appears is about quantum physics ....
I can't out what these connections might be ?

Any help would be most appreciated

Re-Guards

Ray
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 15-Jan-17 20:15:01
Print Post

Re: has anyone noticed strange conections on their wifi netw

[re: rpaulepatrick1] [link to this post]

Do a hard reset on your router then see if they reconnect after ?

Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Sun 15-Jan-17 20:21:32
Print Post

[re: rpaulepatrick1] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by rpaulepatrick1:
they seem to appear as distant wifi routers but where i live the nearest neighbor is too far away for it to reach my home network.

They appear as clients on your network? Or appear as SSIDs visible to clients on your network?

Don't forget that many phones can act as wifi hotspots nowadays, so can appear on the fly. Here, we can occasionally see the APs on the local buses as they go by...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sun 15-Jan-17 22:34:07
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by WWWombat:
In reply to a post by rpaulepatrick1:
they seem to appear as distant wifi routers but where i live the nearest neighbor is too far away for it to reach my home network.

They appear as clients on your network? Or appear as SSIDs visible to clients on your network?

Don't forget that many phones can act as wifi hotspots nowadays, so can appear on the fly. Here, we can occasionally see the APs on the local buses as they go by...

If its what I think it is and that the OP is using Windows 10 they will probably see that it has no IP and if so they can ignore it or just stop and disable the "Windows Connect Now - Config Registrar" Service, you should then stop seeing the unknown devices.

That service says the following:
WCNCSVC hosts the Windows Connect Now Configuration, which is Microsoft's Implementation of the Wireless Protected Setup (WPS) protocol. This is used to configure Wireless LAN settings for an Access Point (AP) or a Wireless Device. The service is started programmatically as needed.

We have all our Windows 10 devices here have that service disabled due to we don't need that service.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 - 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up)
TBB Speedtest
  Print Thread

Jump to